92' 5.0 stang has no spark...

kenny22922

May 5, 2006
This all began one day when I was driving home on base and the car just died on me with a pop inside the cab. I got it to the shop and found that the fuel pump was not operating and the coil was not sparking. After a lot of troubleshooting, I found that the hot contact of the pcm power control relay had no power. Thus from the fusable link or wire i guess burning up, so I ran a new one straight to the battery with a new fuseable link. So then the fuel pump problem was fixed, so I checked the coil for spark and still had none.
SO...I then started testing for voltage and continuity through the wire going from the neg. side of the coil to the computer and control module. I had the key run position with power going through the system and there was no voltage at all at pin(4) of the computer harness connector. Is this normal, I have read about a resistor in between the wire going from the coil and module to the computer but wouldn't there be some voltage at pin(4) regardless? Is my resistor bad you think, or what? And what caused all this to happen all at once??? Is there something anyone knows of that I might need to change before I fix the problem so things don't burn up again?

• Sponsors (?)