93 supercharged tuning??

Brsmustng93

Mar 20, 2008
So today I took my car to be dyno tuned at a local shop named Collingdale performance, and I have a few questions. The tuner there Paul used Sniper tuning to tune my vehicle on a mustang dyno and it only put down 315hp and 337tq these numbers seem a little low to me for my mods. My mods are e-303 cam, ported e-7 heads, cobra upper and lower intake manifold, 1.6rr, 70mmtb, paxton novi 1220sl with a 3.33 pulley, BBk shorty headers, mac prochamber o/r h-pipe, flowmaster 44's. He had said that the EEC code he had never seen before (D3D), and that he just tuned it with a A9L file. Also said that I have boost leaking from either the rear main seal or lower intake because it was spitting out oil. Also said that my supercharger belt was slipping and that I was only getting 7lbs of boost, but I called paxton and I used the belt that they said I should use with that size pulley. Also when driving the car home it stalled out twice and the check engine code flashed on and off a few times. I pulled the codes and got code # 55, 15, 67, 85. Did this guy not tune the car right, because it has never just stalled out before. Also he tuned my car to an air/fuel ratio of 10.6 seems a little rich to me. I always thought that 12.1-12.3 is what you wanted when tuning. All of this cost me $500.00 so now I am alittle fustrated with the whole thing. Sorry for all the questions and the rant just neede to vent to someone besides my wife who has no idea what I am talking about. Thanks, for any help you can give.

• Sponsors (?)

Sounds like a pretty ****ty tuner to me. I haven't heard of that computer either but that doesnt really mean much. Its deff rich too btw. How tight is the belt, pushing the bottom section of the belt up how much does it move? Generally I used to get the bolts a little snug then take a 2x4, put it on the tensioner bracket and give it a few wacks to get it nice and tight. Then I would just tighten up the bolts and I was good to go. I'd try and work it out with the tuner first but you might be taking it else where. I'd try fixing the belt slip see what it makes for boost. Honestly think you should be able to get around 375 rwhp.

I'm located just south of Philly Small town named west grove, near kennett square, west chester area. I usually go to evolution performance in Aston for my tuning and use Jon Lund who tunes with SCT, but he is really hard to get a hold of and when I finally did he wanted to charge me almost $1000.00 to tune my car which to me sounded insane, but now id I have to go somewhere else Its gonna cost me more!!!

I spend $600 on a SCT tune, chasis dyno with my combo put down 359.6HP and 403.3 torque to the wheels, my A/F is 11.5-12.5 throughout the RPM range

I think you should have been close too the 300 mark without the novi 1220, I think you should find anoutnet tuner, your combo should put down at least around 340 to the wheels.