94-95 Cobra tranny

• Sponsors (?)

davmacdon said:
Well I started this post in the 5.0 tech board and it now seems like it should be in this board.

http://forums.stangnet.com/showthread.php?p=4716811#post4716811

I bought a rebuilt tranny and I noticed the throwout bearing retainer looked different(steel ). So I look up the numbers and it is a 94-95 cobra tranny.

Will this tranny fit a non-cobra 94-95 car?

Non-cobra 94-95 car? or do you mean 94-95 GT? There are tons of noncobra 94-95 cars out there.

It will fit in a 94-95 Mustang GT only. 93 and under have a different out put shaft. 96 and up use t-45 tranny wich is different as well.

they are better.......and will hold more torque, the roller bearing setup between the imput shaft and the main shaft assembly is a tapered roller bearing instead of being a regular roller bearing assembly.....

kinda have to see it to tell the diff..........it will bolt up in the place of your gt t-5 and will be a better tranny......1-2, and even 3rd gears are a different alloy (stronger) as well.

jason

p.s. you need to trace the number on the case to make sure it is a real cobra tranny because some t-5's in the 94-95 gt's cam with them from the factory