94 cobra Epoxy coat on INSIDE?!?! of intake runners???

Hello all, Upon removal of my 94 upper intake I noticed the epoxy coat was cracking and easily peeling on the INSIDE of the intake runners??!?!?! How in the world do I go about having this removed? acid dipping? If I dont remove it, I have a feeling it will deffinatly end up in the motor (if it hasnt already) crapola :bang:
dscn06061zf.jpg

Attachments

• dscn06061zf.jpg
    dscn06061zf.jpg
    7 KB · Views: 53
  • Sponsors (?)

Never seen that before...There should be no coating inside for that specific reason (if it comes off, it will go in the motor). I agree with the carbon build up theory or some sort of buildup anyways. Try using solvent, carb cleaner, or sea foam to clean it out.

hmm

Well guys, I sprayed it all down with carb cleaner, its still there :( upon inspection (and peeling a bit off with finger, its deffinatly the same exact coating thats on the outside (nice clean aluminum underneath).
Strange... it only seems to be on the upper intake, the lower is clean as a whistle. all i can figure is ford put it there to smooth the intake runner (in place of polishing to remove casting flash) and maybe to prevent heat? :shrug: either way it SUCKS that its cracking:notnice: , so im gonna try to call my engine builder to see if maybe he can hot tank it to get the coating off.:flame: