'95 Fuel Rails On My '91 - How To Run Fuel Line?

oz

Founding Member
Jun 29, 2000
Plymouth, MI
I recently put a set of '95 rails on my '91 for the additional fuel flow potential and I'm finding that due to the different position and angle of the fuel inlet on the '95 rails, my stock '91 fuel line won't fit (the oil fill tube is right in the way). I tried to bend my stock tube with a cheapo line bender but just kinked it.

What is the proper/correct way to get fuel from the stock line down next to the engine, up to the '95 rails?

On the '87-'93 cars we have a ~2' long hard fuel line that connects down next to the engine and to the rail. I think '94 and up have one long line all the way from the tank - without the hard line... so I need to find something that will work with my '91.

Right now I have a set of the male spring loaded ends that plug into both the stock line and the '95 rail w/ barbed fittings for fuel hose. I ordered a couple feet of stainless braided fuel line and some good fuel line specific hose clamps but I'm not sure if using clamps will be acceptable - especially if I take it to the track.

Does anybody have any suggestions on the right way to connect the stock '91 lines to the '95 rails?? Does anyone make this flexible line or the correct bends (w/ stock spring lock ends)?

THANKS!

• Sponsors (?)