95 mustang frictien noise

frank213

Jun 8, 2006
hello everybody im new to stangnet so be patient. i have 95 mustang gt with bbk shorty headers with 2.5 catless strait pipes that got its push rods replaced about 3 weeks ago, and just the other day i put the foot to the metal and heard a metal to metal frictien noise comming out of i think my engine at about 4000rpms on first and on second gear. i checked my oil level and it was ok. dos anybody know what it can be?:shrug:

• Sponsors (?)

does it almost sound like someone is shaking marbles in a tin can? That is the best way i can descrive "pinging". It it's under full acceleration, especially at higher gears, then its likely pinging. Also, when you are stopped, and you rev the motor, it shouldn't make the noise (if it's pinging).
Scott

yeah that sounds like pinging. Do a search on here on how to clean your MAF & IAT sensors. Next check your cap/rotor for any excessive corrosion/bad connection. Next check fuel pressure and vacuum. A search will help you the steps necessary to check all of these.
Scott

First of all did you have this noise before the PRs were replaced or only after they were replaced. If no problems before the PRs were replaced then they could be the problem. If so take it back to the shop and have them do a test drive, with you in the car with them of course, to repeat the condition. I highly suggest against touching anything that was worked on by someone else to avoid voiding the warranty, if any.

If the noise was there before the PRs were replaced then I suggest you check the car's timing to see what the initial timing is at - it maybe to high. You will find many topics in the search function on checking timing. Just search under "timing" or "set timing" or something to that affect.