96 Cobra w/ 2.2k miles? R U serious?

shotime

Founding Member
Mar 11, 2002
NorthEast PA
Heys guys haven't posted in a while since I bought my SVT focus. I've been looking for "weekend-only" stang for a while and I found this 1996 Cobra w/ 2200 miles on it locally and the guy wants 16 for it. It is black coupe w/ tan leather. I couldn't beleive the miles, I thought it was 22k looking at it quickly, thinking that's low enough. He then says "yup that's 2200 miles". I couldn't beleive it. Obviously it is perfect in every aspect just pretty damn dusty. Only downfalls are the dry rotted oem bf tires and dime sized holes in the usual rust out spots on the mufflers. Car is 100% stock, he has a KN fipk intake for it but it was never put on. So what do you all think on that price? I'm pretty much sold w. the mileage. It's got to one of the lowest in the country and it is pristine. Just wanted to hear a few of your opinions. :shrug:

• Sponsors (?)

A couple other "tells" on low mileage cars is a lack of wrinkles on the driver's seat, driver's side bolsters are firm and not breaking loose from the leather, no heel marks on the floor mat or heel mat and the pedal rubber condition.

hey, i just bought a 99 cobra with 5,000 miles and i have been wanting to find out if it is even possible to rollback the digital odometer? the car is pretty damn clean, the driver's seat does have a little bit of wrinklage on it, but i've noticed that they have even gotten more wrinkled in just the 500 miles i have driven it so far. these seats wrinkle easily. anyone know what the best way to keep them in good shape is? ive never had leather before... i did a carfax report on my 99 and the mileage on that was consistent, so should i even have any worries or what? more info! thanks guys.

also

here's somethin that might help- i BELIEVE they are still on the stock factory tires- correct me if i am wrong, but the tires on it are the BF Goodrich Comp T/A's is that was 99 cobras came with factory? there is plenty of rubber left too..... almost like brand new tires. just another tidbit that might help......

tahoeboy3 said:
here's somethin that might help- i BELIEVE they are still on the stock factory tires- correct me if i am wrong, but the tires on it are the BF Goodrich Comp T/A's is that was 99 cobras came with factory? there is plenty of rubber left too..... almost like brand new tires. just another tidbit that might help......

That's the tire they came with, look for the coated external balance weights Ford put on the rims. Tire shops have different weights, usually more of a square edge than the Ford rounded weights.

Also Ford used gray valve caps on the tire valves, though someone might have changed these for looks.