96 Explorer 5.0 Engine?

Jrock909

Mar 6, 2007
Is this true....

Quoted from a guy on Stangnet.com!!!
if you used the lower intake off the explorer motor then you didnt put the ACT SENSOR back in... cause the explorer motor doesnt have the ACT (AIR CHARGE TEMP SENSOR IN THE LOWER... they put it in the air box ... and if you put yours in the air box... the computer will not read correctly.. you will need to drill and tap the hole in the lower intake to mount that sensor... could be a huge problem for you... also you used 1.7 rockers.. I personally see that being a problem..... I for one have had numerous problems with 1.7s and not shimming the rocker for the proper adjustment... I understand everything thinks just bolt the down and torque them to 30ft lbs and be done.. but once the engine fires and builds oil psi.. the lifters pump up and now you have valves hanging open just enough to give you false compression readings... which would also give you bad vaccume readings... just do the checks and check that ACT SENSOR ...

I relocated my ACT sensor to this spot on my CAI intake setup, would this cause my motor to load up at idle? Do the 1.7 roller rockers cause issues with speed density.... I am only getting around 13-15h/gi at idle when warmed up and I am starting to think the HO cam being that I advanced it 4* from being straight up...

• Sponsors (?)