96 gt mods.

canesboyy2

Nov 23, 2008
Hey, im pretty new to mustangs, and new to this forum. I have a 1996 mustang gt 4.6L. It has 110,000 miles and is manual. Bone Stock btw. Some people say the first mod to do is rebuild the motor, or buy a crate motor, then a PI swap. I was wondering what you all's opinions are. Also, what about after that..

thanks.

• Sponsors (?)

yeah, i think im just gonna take it to my dads friend and have them check everything out, and if everythings good ill start the PI swap. Ok, heres my next question... I know a guy that only works on mustangs.. He told me he would charge 500 for parts and 500 for labor to the PI swap. So $1,000 for him to do it. And from what i know, thats for a complete PI swap. Intake, Heads, gaskets, everything. Is that a lot of money for that?

Hey, im pretty new to mustangs, and new to this forum. I have a 1996 mustang gt 4.6L. It has 110,000 miles and is manual. Bone Stock btw. Some people say the first mod to do is rebuild the motor, or buy a crate motor, then a PI swap. I was wondering what you all's opinions are. Also, what about after that..

thanks.

If the motor is in good shape it'll be fine without a rebuild. I would say PI swap it gears and subframes will make the car feel like a brand new stang:nice:
Oh yea :worthlesb

i would get pics... right now it looks like crap because the paint is chipping and peeling... headlights are all yellow ( btw does anyone know if i can clean those? or i just need new ones), and it is dirty lol

the headlights can be cleaned most of the yellow is going to be on the outside i bout a kit made by 3m from my local autoparts store it worked really well u couldnt even tell they had been yellow.