98 gt 8.8 swap HELP!!!

• Sponsors (?)

thanks alot man you made my day. i have another question 98 gt 4.6 5spd . sometimes my car seems to fall on its face when you reach 3500 - 4000 rpm it starts missing so badly that you can actualy hold it wide open and it wont rev up. it will roast em off till it gets to said rpm and then poof , I replaced plughs wires and fuel filter it seemed as tho it wasnt getting fuel but that aparently wasnt it any ideas would be a great help . thanks

yet another problem iv been having is when driving it seems to lose the idle rpm and starts climbing up once it went up to 3000 rpm , diog. said nothing was wrong. yet it happens like once a week or so , i have to shut the car off and restart it and it will be fine

98gt46 said:
thanks alot man you made my day. i have another question 98 gt 4.6 5spd . sometimes my car seems to fall on its face when you reach 3500 - 4000 rpm it starts missing so badly that you can actualy hold it wide open and it wont rev up. it will roast em off till it gets to said rpm and then poof , I replaced plughs wires and fuel filter it seemed as tho it wasnt getting fuel but that aparently wasnt it any ideas would be a great help . thanks

take the iac off & clean it. i'd start there, & if it doesn't work let us know

iv had the rear end in my car rebuilt at the dealership twice. i will be honest about the way i drive. i like to take off as fast as possable every chance i get, sidestep the clutch into second get a little sideways and so on.. 275/50/16 in the back, even with that said i dont think that i should have all these rear end problems. Is the 8.8 not all that or what . i think it may be my fault . but isnt that what the car was made for ? it sure isnt the family truckster.. well i am putting that 2000 rear end in it this weekend so i can get to work whilst i rebuild mine myself.(plus i here it has 327 gears in the 00 gt), But everyone keeps telling me "you cant rebuild a rear end you got to take it to a specialest or it wont last a day" all i can see that is an issue is carrier shims and the pinion shims , anyone know off hand how much backlash i am supposed to have?.. is it normal to go threw 3 rearends in less than 70k miles ?
my first mustang..