99-04 LT Header Installation

You people are crazy, I put my long tubes on, by myself in 6 hrs without dropping the k-member. Took me about 15 hours soild, to put the motor in, all the exhaust hookup, and all the other BS. But it ran that night and the next day I got to drive. Good luck on the install.

We all have a different mechanical ability and a different set up at our houses, work shops. 6 hours to over a span of a couple days is still a reasonable time for this job depending on the person.

• Sponsors (?)

ran into a problem today, called ford and service manager said "headers will definitely kill your warranty"

my only choice is to wait over a year to buy them and put them on, or put them on and hope i dont need warranty work. . . and if something happens, take them off and put the stocks back on for the warranty work when i bring it to the dealer

dropping the k-member is really not a lot of work granted the first time i did it it told me like a said 2 days

i just dropped the k-member saturday and installed my mmr k-member and a-arms and just told a few hrs this time it gets easier the more you do it :D

and this time unlike last time i did not total disassamble my brakes :nice:

so far i have installed longtube header,x-pipe,cat-back,struts,supercharger and nx kit

i just assambled my mmr shortblock w/ stg2 patriot heads, mph blower cams

next remove the old motor and in with the new

i just love working on my car i have learned so much doing it myself

just ordered my engine hoist

We all have a different mechanical ability and a different set up at our houses, work shops. 6 hours to over a span of a couple days is still a reasonable time for this job depending on the person.

Yeah, never thought of that, I almost pulled the k-member but my dad talked me out of it. We dont have a lift is what he said, but I tryed to tell him that everybody does it that way. But I decided I would give it a try, dont really want to do it again, but my motor have to come back out, SO I guess I will. :OT: Good luck on the install, you'll be glad once your hear the difference.

I would wait til the warranty is over. This year is almost up anyways. Leave the stockers on, and put them on when the warranty expires.

IMHO....I wish I would have never done them on my Cobra. Too much hastle when you have trans/clutch issues.