A/C Delete and H-Pipes

Funhog

Mar 30, 2005
Alabama
I got march U/D pullys I need to put on, but I wanted to know if getting rid of the A/C is a good idea? I already plan on leaving the alt. pulley on because of the charging problem. If A/C delete kits are worth it, what is a good brand and where can I get it?

Also, I need to get new pipes-I got off road H-pipes. I was thinking about getting the MAC pro chamber H-pipe. I dont really want to lose any of the sweet sound I have with the off road pipes, and I hear MAC is a good brand. Does anyone have any suggestions for H-pipes?

• Sponsors (?)

AC draws no significant power when not on..IMO you'd be silly to get rid of it because you WILL miss it. For the maybe 2hp you'll loose keeping it (when not on) you'll gain cool air in the summer..well worth the sacrafice I think.

It depends, I don't like A/C thats why I took mine off. I got the A/C eliminator kit from Ford racing, its the one that moves the power steering pump to where the a/c use to be. I don't think it will give you any hp, since the a/c pulley spins freely when it is off. It does clean up the engine bay. You will need a new belt too and the a/c line disconnect tools to remove the whole system can get them anywhere for a few bucks. Here is a pic of the kit
http://www.mustangsunlimited.com/itemdy00.asp?T1=M8511A50+01

Um please dont spend money on an a/c eliminator kit. All you have to do is get a shorter belt (or i used the march kit which relocates the tensioner pulley to where the a/c compressor use to be) that bypasses it. Now as to whether u want to keep the actual compressor on there that is up to you. I personally took mine off along w/ the condensor and saved 30 lbs of the front end....maybe not a huge hp gain but will significantly help your launch.

DC

P.S. Trick Flow now makes a tensioner relocater kit that is about half the price of the March brand, just f.y.i.

The Ford Racing a/c delete kit is the best delete kit out. It moves the PS pump up rather than some FUGLY delete pulley like the stupid march kit. You'll remove 40lbs off your car and have less clutter in it. I love the way my engine bay looked after the a/c delete! You'll gain zero power with an a/c delete when the a/c is off, its just a freewheeling pulley.

Grn92LX said:
The Ford Racing a/c delete kit is the best delete kit out. It moves the PS pump up rather than some FUGLY delete pulley like the stupid march kit. You'll remove 40lbs off your car and have less clutter in it. I love the way my engine bay looked after the a/c delete! You'll gain zero power with an a/c delete when the a/c is off, its just a freewheeling pulley.

Ummm...what he said.

Funhog said:
would i need to do more with the ps pump besides just move it? is it really that simple? like the cables and such will stil reach and all?
There is no "modification" to the p/s pump. All you do is unbolt the AC compressor, remove the brackets.. Bolt up the part of the A/C delete kit that bolts to the head, move the p/s up, and bolt on the new bracket. It's really very very easy. All the lines still fit and looks really good. I also think the March kit is Fugly! Ford Racing kit looks 100000 times better.

Nick

Yeah , the hi pressure and return lines should reach .
Mine did .
I used the Ford Motorsports unit .
I had to change my p/s pump bracket
for this to work .
I think 85 or 86 and up p/s brackets will
work .
Then it was straight forward after that .
My A/C was disconnected when I bought it .
I didn't need the compressor there anymore .

79 cobra said:
Yeah , the hi pressure and return lines should reach .
Mine did .
I used the Ford Motorsports unit .
I had to change my p/s pump bracket
for this to work .
I think 85 or 86 and up p/s brackets will
work .
Then it was straight forward after that .
My A/C was disconnected when I bought it .
I didn't need the compressor there anymore .
Yep... I had to change my p/s bracket on my 83 to an 87-93 style so it would work.