Fox fuel pump upgrades

Are you using the KB BAP on the stock intank pump?

No. It is a Walbro 255L high-pressure.
Kenne Bell
42# injectors
stock regulator
stock fuel rails
stock fuel lines
stock pickup (something I've been meaning to address one day)
stock fuel tank
Kenne Bell Boost-A-Pump regulating pump voltage at a constant
Walbro 255L high pressure

• Sponsors (?)

I read that but just assumed it was a linear list and didn’t associate the KB BAP with either pump. Just assumed it would be on the stock intank pump so it could keep up with the 255 lph inline. Just my background with booster and mainline pumps in oil and gas.

I read that but just assumed it was a linear list and didn’t associate the KB BAP with either pump. Just assumed it would be on the stock intank pump so it could keep up with the 255 lph inline. Just my background with booster and mainline pumps in oil and gas.

Yeah, I used to have a setup like that. It wasn't the T-Rex setup but it was similar in nature.

I swapped the OEM in-tank pump when the original engine, 19lb injectors, SD ECU, and FMU went away.

Now it's just a single 255L HP fed regulated power by the BAP. So, no voltage spikes/dips, etc... and it's adjustable from around 12V to 21V.

Those BAP are legit. I used to have one for the fuel pump and ignition on the racecar.
Then I got rid of the BAP's and the Alternator and went to a 16V Lithium battery.
Saved a bunch of weight, and since it is a racecar, no real need for the alt and big heavy 12v battery.
The 16V battery weighs 8 lbs.
The 12 v battery weighed 42 lbs. The 200 amp alt weighed 17 lbs. Plus all of the wiring for both.

Man read the list again and how the heck I got a stock fuel pump in there I have no idea. Guess I saw stock fuel tank and just assumed that and the 255L threw me so I assumed it was an inline vs intank…I need a beer :D

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user
Man read the list again and how the heck I got a stock fuel pump in there I have no idea. Guess I saw stock fuel tank and just assumed that and the 255L threw me so I assumed it was an inline vs intank…I need a beer :D
I thought you were thinkin' about the old-style external helper pumps when I mentioned Boost-A-Pump. :shrug:

It worked and my air/fuel ratios were good. There was just no way it was going to keep up with the new motor and Flowzilla.

I don't know what my duty cycles are now (fuel system I listed above) but they're likely in the top 15%. :shrug: