a/c delete

• Sponsors (?)

More or less.. you may want to take your car somewhere and have your system discharged first. Then you'll need a fuel rail/ac disconnect tool to get all the lines apart. You have to pull your radiator to get to the condensor.. then yank everything out and throw the delete kit on. You'll lose about 20 lbs from the front of your car, gain no power, and be real hot in the summer :D . Which kit did you get?

jb89coupe said:
More or less.. you may want to take your car somewhere and have your system discharged first. Then you'll need a fuel rail/ac disconnect tool to get all the lines apart. You have to pull your radiator to get to the condensor.. then yank everything out and throw the delete kit on. You'll lose about 20 lbs from the front of your car, gain no power, and be real hot in the summer :D . Which kit did you get?

you dont need to take out the radiator to get the condensor out. Me and my buddy installed the whole a/c delete kit in auto shop in about and hour or so. The only thing was we had cheap plastic quick dissconnect tools and couldnt get them to work. We ended up fishing all the lines out, only had to cut one.

Pretty easy to do. Get a A/C fuel line disconnect tool, and the rest is all gravy. You will need the Delete kit and and a new belt. I guess start pulling off all A/C components. Have it discharged as a shop first. Unbolt the P/S pressure line from the body, it will have to move some, then reattach. Really, not too much too it.

If you DO have it discharged at a shop, make sure they PAY YOU FOR THE FREON! All they will do is take your freon, and sell it to someone else. If I were you, I'd open a line and let it drain out. Who the f uck cares about it going into the air. How many of us have dumped our coolant or oil down the drain. Gimme a break. :rolleyes:

Scorcher2005 said:
you dont need to take out the radiator to get the condensor out. Me and my buddy installed the whole a/c delete kit in auto shop in about and hour or so. The only thing was we had cheap plastic quick dissconnect tools and couldnt get them to work. We ended up fishing all the lines out, only had to cut one.

How did you get the consdenser out with the radiator in place?