A/C Eliminator kits - too many to choose from

No i'm saying that getting one of those brackets that take the place of the AC is pointless. The fact is that you will actually free up power with a shorter belt...it's minimal at best, but a shorter belt takes less drag to turn. The biggest reason to delete the AC is to save weight and space though. I just think a big pully in your face is kinda dumb.

Agreed. Sorry I have smog pump deletion on my brain right now b/c i just did that to my car over the weekend. Less pulleys the better, so now all i have is a crank, water pump, alternator and power steering pulley. pretty soon just a alternator, crank and p/s pulley lol

• Sponsors (?)

Remember that the shorter the distance the belt has to travel, the less parasitic drag it takes to turn it. Now, we're talking fractions here...nothing that you'll even see on a dyno...but this is the science behind it if you wanna call it that. Also think about how underdrive pullies work....the same principle applies to those pullies that are taking the place of the AC. Like you said, less pullies is better.

Me personally i don't see the point of deleting the a/c, it has minimal weight, and cleaned up it looks fine, along with the fact that ditching it, devalues the car.

But if you do eliminate it, use the FMS kit based on the fact that it puts the PS pump filler neck vertical so fluid can't get out under hard cornering.

Me personally i don't see the point of deleting the a/c, it has minimal weight, and cleaned up it looks fine, along with the fact that ditching it, devalues the car.

But if you do eliminate it, use the FMS kit based on the fact that it puts the PS pump filler neck vertical so fluid can't get out under hard cornering.

Well.....personally if i had the money to build my car the way i want it, it would probably have AC and about 1000hp....BUT, since i'm racing on a budget, losing every little pound helps, plus i love the lack of all the accompanying crap that it comes with. I like it when you open a hood and actually see the engine and not everything that's bolted to it.

Here is a pic of the the March Pulley system brackets I have on my 91

I like the look of them and the hardware is good..and it weighs alot less than the ford stamped brakets
and March sells the package for the P/s and Alt and AC with out the expensive chromed pulleys..

Attachments

• DSC00318.JPG
    DSC00318.JPG
    70.8 KB · Views: 67