A few mods that I couldn't "feel" a difference

Nobody

Founding Member
May 9, 2000
Kenmore, WA
I must be really not in tune with my car. I read a lot of people's reviews and experiences with some common mods and just wanted to see if anyone else has had my experience with things. Here are a few mods that I couldn't feel:

Cold Air Kit - $120
Cat-back - $220
Headers - $320
Side gapped spark plugs -Free
Advanced timing -Free
Aluminum Driveshaft - $220
65mm Throttle Body - $250
75 shot in 2nd gear - $500

$1630 worth of "can't feel it" :shrug:

Mods I could feel:
Springs
Subframe connectors
Lower control arms
Gears
Midpipe
Underdrive pulleys
100 shot in 2nd gear

Talk about a lousy butt dyno eh? Are there any other mods that I should expect to "not feel?" :D Thanks

• Sponsors (?)

i dont think u would be able to feel the cai because it wouldnt to that much but it should pull alot harder midrange the headers would help but if u have stock h pipe that would be restrictive to the flow with headers

We know what you mean as we all have been there.

I've tried many times to help peeps with info about parts that have a low gain to buck spent return kind of thing.

Thats just how it is cause a lot of the time they listen to whoever but don't talk to those who have done it.

OTOH all of those parts will need to be upgraded if you want max power but if done at first you get what the subject of this thread is all about.

Later
Grady

Try putting your timing back to 10* and tell us you can't tell the difference. I can totally tell the difference with timing. I figure it is also in what order you do the parts that makes a difference. I have the BBK E/L headers...but it doesn't make any difference through the rest of the stock exhaust. Just my .02.

How in the hell could you not feel a 75 shot!?

I assume you have a throttle activated nitrous system?

Try this...swap back to your 75 shot jets, then floor it in second gear with your bottle open but your nitrous system disarmed. Now arm your nitrous system while the go pedal is to the floor. Then tell me you don't feel a difference. ;)

Are you running "side gapped" plugs with your nitrous system?