A few questions about a 95 gt

Josh79

Sep 7, 2005
South Dakota
Well i have been searching for a mustang and thought i found one but it is a lot different than i thought it was. It is a 95 gt deep forest green. The guy put all the cobra exterior stuff on it. It also had indianapolis speedway badges where the gt etc would normally be. It also said "special edition" in the interior (by the radio i think it said not positive). Is this a pace car or is it just a fake? It supposedly has 5 grand in the motor. I see it has headers, msd ignition and probably a cam. He is going to find out more about the motor and get back to me. The car idles pretty rough at around 900 rpm. To me that would have to be a pretty big cam to make it idle like that wouldnt it? Any insight would be helpful

• Sponsors (?)

It's definitely not a pace car. The real Indy 500 pace car was a GT with Cobra items on it, but it was red, as were all of the 95 pace car replicas. Setting the idle speed higher is actually pretty simple, so that wouldn't necessarily mean a larger cam. The only thing I can't confirm one way or the other is the special edition badging in the interior. To my knowledge, there weren't any special edition 95 Mustangs, other than the Cobra/pace car. Hope that helps some.

ya a carfax is a good idea. i am going to do that right now. I dont remember exactly where it said special edition but it was around the radio somewhere. The idle speed is a little 900 or 1000, but it has a fairly rough idle. It is not stock and supposedly has 5k in the motor. I am definately going to need to change the exhaust. I dont mind louder vehicles but this car in nuts. There is no tone at all just a really loud noise. We will see what he finds out about the motor. I didnt figure it was a pace car. The guy just really liked making it look like something it wasnt i guess. Ill check the vin and hope it is a gt atleast :|