A few questions about the 03/04 cobra

Jun 10, 2005
hey guys just a few questions... did a search and couldnt really find anything related to my question.

1) I understand kenne bell offers a whipple charger setup for the cobra. Any have any idea how much it is? Is it worth it?

2) Has anyone had good luck with putting 3.73 gears?

3) If i do create more horse power can i just add moser axels to the current suspension in order to avoid damaging my suspension?
4) Are blower cams worth actually putting on?I heard the cams are expensive!! $$$

thanks for your time guys! :SNSign: Maybe this can be a FAQ! :hail2:

• Sponsors (?)

image said:
hey guys just a few questions... did a search and couldnt really find anything related to my question.

1) I understand kenne bell offers a whipple charger setup for the cobra. Any have any idea how much it is? Is it worth it?

2) Has anyone had good luck with putting 3.73 gears?

3) If i do create more horse power can i just add moser axels to the current suspension in order to avoid damaging my suspension?
4) Are blower cams worth actually putting on?I heard the cams are expensive!! $$$

thanks for your time guys! :SNSign: Maybe this can be a FAQ! :hail2:

How's it goin?

Answers.

1) Actually Whipple and KB are two different blowers and brands. KB is the best IMO. It is more of a true screw type. The Whipple is more like a lysolm, even though it is labled as a screw. The new Whipple is supposed to be more like the KB though.

They both range from 3700-4500 usually.

DEFINITELY WORTH IT :D:D:D:D:D

2) I have heard they are ok. If I were doing gears though, I would go 3.90. I hear the IRS is harder to work with than the live axel cars.

3) Axles would definitely help, but I would get a IRS brace too. A lot of people have literally blown the rear diff cover off at hard launches because of the torque created.

4) A lot of work and decrease in driveability. You would need atleast Stage II or III's.

I have a buddy with a KB car and a stroker and HP Racing Stage II cams (custom, more like a stage 2.5) his car has lt's and exhaust. At 15 psi he put down around 640. He can crank it al the way up to 19 too...which he did, but no numbers yet :eek:

Good luck!