A few t5 swap questions

PJB

Aug 22, 2006
Rotterdam, NY
Im going to be swapping a t5 in place of the AOD in my '92 soon and just picked up the tranny today.

Heres what Ive got:

-t5 tranny
-bellhousing
-King Cobra clutch and pressure plate
-B&M Ripper shifter
-aftermarket clutch quadrant
-bolts
-flywheel
-shifter boot
-wiring
-clutch fork and throwout bearing
-clutch alignment tool

Here's what I know I need:
-clutch cable (getting a new one from a friend)
-pedals (should be on their way)
-pilot bearing/bushing
-new ATF (have it)

Here's a few things Im unsure of:

- Do I need a different crossmember?

-Do I need a different tranny mount?

-Do I need a different exhaust hanger that mounts on/by the tranny? Ive got an offroad X pipe.

-Is the bezel plate on the console for the stock AOD shifter the same for the t5 shifter?

-Is the one wiring harness attached to the tranny the only wiring I need? It only has one plug.

-Is there anything else I might need?

• Sponsors (?)

Crossmember will work they are differant but only the offset in the tubes. If you run out of adjustment cut the tacks and move it. The mount and hanger are the same. The bezel will haft to be changed. Only thing not accounted for is a block plate for a manual.Thats the thin aluminum plate between the engine and tranny. They are differant.

Crossmember will work they are differant but only the offset in the tubes. If you run out of adjustment cut the tacks and move it. The mount and hanger are the same. The bezel will haft to be changed. Only thing not accounted for is a block plate for a manual.Thats the thin aluminum plate between the engine and tranny. They are differant.

The transmission mount is the same, but the exhaust hanger is completely different and must be changed. Word: You can buy it cheaper from the dealer than you can get it from 5.0Resto. Also, the block plate is steel, not aluminum. I bought a brand new one off The 'Bay for $15.

I actually have the block plate.

I cut the hangers for the x pipe right off. Dont need them, its not gonna go anywhere. I have always found that the aftermarket pipes never lined up right any way. I have a feeling some people may object but you dont need the hangers for the x pipe.