A little disappointed in the '05

sdenorscia

Aug 18, 2004
Sedona, AZ
I just had my first opportunity to sit in the new Mustang. Unfortunately it was the base V6 model, the GT was up on a platform and I wasn't allowed to sit in it. The interior of the base model is a bit disappointing. It feels cheap. The seats have no support, the steering wheel felt like a toy. I'm certain the GT premium package will look and feel a whole lot better, but still, I must say I was not impressed.

On the contrary, when I sat in the Hyundai Tiberon, a car I have absolutely no interest in buying, the seat felt fantastic! Also the Mazda RX8 has a very impressive interior. If they can get the interior right, why can't Ford.

I'm still considering buying a new GT, but now I know I'm going to have to wait until I can actually test one before I get all excited.

(I saw the cars at the Motor Trend car show in Las Vegas)

• Sponsors (?)

hmmm sorry to hear about the dissapointment, I havent sat in one yet but from what i read i though the interior was supposed to be one of the strong points :shrug: . Maybe the gt will be better (lets hope)

I sat in a premium 05 GT with the Shaker 1000 system, and I couldnt have been more impressed. The use of brushed aluminum, the red leather seats, and the gauges all tied together and made an awesome interior. Sit in a premium 05 GT, you WILL NOT be disappointed.

brentwoodboy said:
I sat in a premium 05 GT with the Shaker 1000 system, and I couldnt have been more impressed. The use of brushed aluminum, the red leather seats, and the gauges all tied together and made an awesome interior. Sit in a premium 05 GT, you WILL NOT be disappointed.

Thats what i had heard, glad to hear good things though about em first hand

Yes, I'm really glad to hear that the premium GT is living up to what I had hoped. I can't wait until I get to test drive one. Living in Sedona, it's going to be a few more weeks before we get one at the dealership near me.

v6's are at my local dealership right now and selling fast. I wasnt very impressed with the v6 interior either and the tires look like they belong on a taurus. I am hoping they get a GT soon that isnt already sold cause I'm itching to test drive one. After driving my brother's new mach 1 they have a lot to live up to.

Wait until you drive one! lol, the interior of the GT I drove was quite nice. A lot more refined than previous years. Not that it matters to me much. I'm young and my attitude towards Mustangs is that they scream "take me as I am..." And I will, whether they're comfortable or not. Maybe in a few years it'll be different, but right now I don't mind if they squeak or rattle to a certain extent.

yes, our local ford dealership has a few v6's which go fast, but they only get in one GT at a time, and it usually sells within two days. But I have sat in both, The V6 interior, everything seems kind of square. The GT though, is VERY comfortable, and verrrrryyy nice. A hell of a lot better than the V6.