A question about 2.3T engine

jstang209

Dirt-Old 20+Year Member
Jun 3, 2004
Stockton 209
I found an 84svo 2.3T engine with only 62k miles on it(car was wrecked) for 250 dollars. Im thinking about buying it because that swap seems alot more easier than the 5.0 swap i was planning to do. Anyways did the 84 have the larger garret turbo or the smaller ihi turbo? and is there any other EASY ways to add hp other than exhasut, intercooler, and cai? Thanks

• Sponsors (?)

The 84 svo had 175 hp and theres lots of mods you could do to pick it up. Just search around in the 2.3 section, maybe take a look in the tech section sticky, theres lots of things in there. It would probably be a good battle with a stock auto 5.0 if you were 5spd but with a few minor mods it would blow it away.

yes you can use the tbird cpu. you should chek out gt350's site it has a walk through of the whole procedure. it is no big deal. it is easire with a svo cpu. The 84 cpus are easy to come by though. I think I have one or 2 laying arround the hard part is the wiring harness. most 84 harensses are shot. so you have to pick the lesser of the 2 evils.