A timeline of the life of the Tarch KS1V8. Beginning to end.

Johnnb said:
If I was not paralyzed and still into imports I would for sure be driving an SRT-4 as they are easily getting 500hp out of the stock motors, the later 04's and up come stock with Quaife LSD, cloth wrapped Viper seats and are put together very well.

They are a real wolf in sheeps clothing even stock.

just so you know... the one neon with 500 hp out of the stock engine blew up awhile ago:rlaugh: :lol:

• Sponsors (?)

i decided on a vibrant orange
DSC01440%20(Large).JPG

DSC01444%20(Large).jpg

DSC01443%20(Large).JPG

SVTdriver said:
Looks like it needs window tinting. How is it optioned out?
mm it's aight
it's got the ultra slow package
i mean it's slow
but other than that it's plush :D

no navi

6 disk indash bose
xenon
ultra sport package
heated seats all around
um what else... i think that about covers most of it... the cars come loaded standard :p

tarch said:
mm it's aight
it's got the ultra slow package
i mean it's slow
but other than that it's plush :D

no navi

6 disk indash bose
xenon
ultra sport package
heated seats all around
um what else... i think that about covers most of it... the cars come loaded standard :p

Oh trust me I know about the slow package. And modding it seems to be even more expensive than a cobra. I didn't get as many options on mine. But I may upgrade to some of the options.

tarch said:
you sir don't have a clue as to what i am doing ;)

Ahhhhh great, looks as though we have another 1.8t nutswinger on our hands. The 1.8t can NEVER loose.....just like the civic.

tarch said:
just so you know... the one neon with 500 hp out of the stock engine blew up awhile ago:rlaugh: :lol:

That's great, but I have a friend in Houston and one in L.A making that sort of power out of their motor and drive them daily.

Johnnb said:
Ahhhhh great, looks as though we have another 1.8t nutswinger on our hands. The 1.8t can NEVER loose.....just like the civic.

That's great, but I have a friend in Houston and one in L.A making that sort of power out of their motor and drive them daily.
yup 18t nutswinger lol

i bet it'll be pretty close to a mustang with the stock engine and turbo even...

let's not even talk about my plans with that little jetta lol

there is a reason i did not pick a VR6 for my jetta. Hell that would've been cheaper even... lol... but i just think boost is a pretty good alternative and it's pretty fun...

you should go for a ride in my friends' stock s4... all he's got is a chip and that thing flies

tarch said:
yup 18t nutswinger lol

i bet it'll be pretty close to a mustang with the stock engine and turbo even...

let's not even talk about my plans with that little jetta lol

there is a reason i did not pick a VR6 for my jetta. Hell that would've been cheaper even... lol... but i just think boost is a pretty good alternative and it's pretty fun...

you should go for a ride in my friends' stock s4... all he's got is a chip and that thing flies

Sorry but there is no way that a stock 1.8t Audi A4 is going to be running low 14 sec quarters stock, maybe with a hell of a lot of mods but not stock.

I have been for rides in stock S4's as well as 500+hp S4's as I just came from the world of VW performance and racing and have helped build many, many VW race cars from 12 and 24 valve VR6, to 1.8t's, 16 valves to turbo 8 valves, and even worked on a 5 valve Audi motor for a little bit.

Turbo VW cars are a very expensive way to go if you want anything other then a 13 sec car as that's the reason I sold my VW related cars and went with something with a lot more potential and something a lot more cost efficient.

Johnnb said:
Sorry but there is no way that a stock 1.8t Audi A4 is going to be running low 14 sec quarters stock, maybe with a hell of a lot of mods but not stock.

I have been for rides in stock S4's as well as 500+hp S4's as I just came from the world of VW performance and racing and have helped build many, many VW race cars from 12 and 24 valve VR6, to 1.8t's, 16 valves to turbo 8 valves, and even worked on a 5 valve Audi motor for a little bit.

Turbo VW cars are a very expensive way to go if you want anything other then a 13 sec car as that's the reason I sold my VW related cars and went with something with a lot more potential and something a lot more cost efficient.
who's talking about the audi...

we're talking the 1990 1.8t jetta here :rlaugh: :lol:

Awwwwww o.k ya a stock 1.8t A2 Jetta will give you mid 14 second passes.

Personally I am not a big fan at all of the 1.8t as the VR I feel is a much better motor and personally if I was into a swap like this I would consider doing a turbo VR as you can have a 12 second car with a bone stock motor, turbo, and Quaife and proper tuning for a lot less then the 1.8t.

Johnnb said:
Awwwwww o.k ya a stock 1.8t A2 Jetta will give you mid 14 second passes.

Personally I am not a big fan at all of the 1.8t as the VR I feel is a much better motor and personally if I was into a swap like this I would consider doing a turbo VR as you can have a 12 second car with a bone stock motor, turbo, and Quaife and proper tuning for a lot less then the 1.8t.

Depends on how much you get the engine for. And what is involved in swapping it out. From what I have seen a swap out is more expensive than a larger turbo.

True, it does depend on how much you get the parts for, but for the most part a VR motor/trans/ecu/subframes are going to cost you a hell of a lot less. Be much less labor intensive, and much easier to swap, especially if your 1.8t is a drive by wire motor.

You can easily get a turbo kit for them for the $2,500 area, just make sure you swap the open diff for the LSD of the fun will be very short lived.

Johnnb said:
True, it does depend on how much you get the parts for, but for the most part a VR motor/trans/ecu/subframes are going to cost you a hell of a lot less. Be much less labor intensive, and much easier to swap, especially if your 1.8t is a drive by wire motor.

You can easily get a turbo kit for them for the $2,500 area, just make sure you swap the open diff for the LSD of the fun will be very short lived.
yup vr6 will be cheaper...

but what i want is different...

there are about a ton of Vr6 swaps out there and the 1.8t swaps are just getting started... only two hands full of swaps have been documented to my knowledge

Actually the 1.8t's now are getting just as common as the VR's as I can think of 4 or 5 of them here in the Pac NW alone.

Here shortly they will be just as common as the VR's and as soon as more cars with these motors get totaled out you will see them just as much.

As long as you like it, then that's all that matters, but if you wanted unique you should put a built 24valve or R32 motor under your hood.