?? about getting a new cat back

TenaciousD

Founding Member
Sep 15, 2001
Tampa,Fl
Hi, right now I just have 2chamber flows welded on. my question is how much of a sound difference will i get if I switch to a full cat back, i ask this as I saw a cobra today and it sounded awsome( is that mainly due to the motor being a 4v) or is it the exhaust set up. I have bbk longtubes and bbk o/r xpipe. thanks for any help, could'nt really find an anwser in search

• Sponsors (?)

TenaciousD said:
Hi, right now I just have 2chamber flows welded on. my question is how much of a sound difference will i get if I switch to a full cat back, i ask this as I saw a cobra today and it sounded awsome( is that mainly due to the motor being a 4v) or is it the exhaust set up. I have bbk longtubes and bbk o/r xpipe. thanks for any help, could'nt really find an anwser in search

well if i read correctly sounds like your still running stock tail pipes. completing your exhuast and getting a catback can make it sound totally different. But depending on what kind of sound you want depends on what you want to buy. what kind of sound are you looking for??

TenaciousD said:
not really sure till I hear it, somthing that sounds mean, like a deep rumble when you get on it

maybe some of the other guys on here can help yea. i have a SLP LoudMouth cat back, and shes loud just for a cat back . But i dont think it has that sound your looking for. hope someone can point you to the right direction.
BUt your porbably going to be looking for something with chambered mufflers.