About to store stang for AT LEAST a year without being driven.

What do I need to do before I store this car. It can be started every month or so if need be, but it will never be driven anywhere. It will most likely be there for at least a year, if not longer.
I already plan on putting it on cinder blocks, so to save the tires, what else can I do?
Thanks

• Sponsors (?)

Put some StaBil in the gas tank. AmourAll the crap out of the tires. Give it Fresh Oil and Coolant. If it is started, make sure it runs long enough to dry condensation in the oil. I don't think it really needs to be started though.

i would start it if you can during this period - it is good for the seals and good for the pistons to move to a new relative spot in the bores (amongst other things).

remember to fill the tank completely and put some water dryer in it.

lots of other stuff, but you probably have the big stuff thought of.

You might consider a car cover. Car covers aren't recommended for cars staying outside in areas where it can freeze to the paint, but don't think you see much freezing down in LA. You might clean it out real well to not attract rodents. I put some dryer sheets in mine all over the place to at least neutralize the smell. Either pull the battery or disconnect the neg. cable. Some like to wash and wax right before storing so the wax will protect the paint.

If you're gonna put the car on blocks, you might consider putting the blocks under the tires instead of the frame; if you have it raised, the shocks, etc are exposed in a way in which they aren't meant to be and I've read that's not good on them. Flat spots on the tires should go away after driving, if that's your concern.

A couple other things (in addition to the good stuff mentioned) -- I picked up a couple large bags of moisture absorbant type stuff from the Californcia Car Cover Company (like 6 pounds) and I leave them in my car...I think it might be worthwhile, help prevent mildew or anything like that since the air really won't be circulating. Another idea -- maybe some type of pest control stuff, or mouse poison stuff under the car...I don't know if it's an issue where you are, but might be worth looking into.