ABS/TCS Failure - 07 GT

ARTTII

Jan 13, 2004
Detroit, MI
I have a stock 2007 GT with 60,000 miles on it. This morning the ABS light, TCS light (the one that shows you when it is on) and the TCS button "off" light all illuminated.

Nothing out of the ordinary when the lights came on now I have no ABS or TCS. I need to resolve this soon as I do have to drive the car through this snowy season.

Anyone ever experience this? Fixes? I have not pulled the codes yet, I hope to find someone with a OBDII that I can use to check them, or if not I will go to the parts stores (I think Autozone will pull them for free)

Any help appreciated, thanks

• Sponsors (?)

Anyone know how I can find Service Bulletin Number: 19296?

I searched and found this TSB that sounds like it could be my problem...

2006 Ford Mustang
Bulletin #: 19296
Sequence #: 10021059
Date: 08/01/2006
Component Name: 046400 service brakes, air:antilock:abs warning light
Make: Ford
Model: Mustang
Year: 2006
Summary: Abs warning lamp on. ground g101.

Reactions: 1 user
I ended up not having to get someone to pull the codes for me - I started searching stangnet and google and found hundreds of posts with symptoms same as mine. Turns out this must have been somewhat common.

I found "G101". It is actually directly in front of and below the air box. The ground bolt on my car was finger tight only. I could unscrew it with my hands. I pulled it out, cleaned the corroson off the harness and body, added some grease, and snugged it up tight with a wrench.

I drive about 40 miles to work. It took probably half of that and then lights turned themselves off. Still had snow on the parking lot so I tested the ABS and TCS both work.

I hope that is the last I see of this problem... Thanks for the replies!

ABS / TCS lights are back on...

Well that didn't last long -

ABS and TCS lights are on again. I was able to retrieve 2 codes:

C1175 - Wheel Speed Sensor LR Input Circuit Failure (Pinpoint Test D)

C1236 - Wheel Speed LR Input Signal Missing (Pinpoint Test E)

Pinpoint Test D checks the harness wiring and sensor. Pinpoint Test E initial step directs me back to Test D since I have code C1175 present.

I started to perform Pinpoint Test D but I had trouble using the Muli-meter I have (probes to big for pins). I have visually confirmed all coupler to be set/tight and no visual wiring concerns. Also, I noticed the ABS sensors have the same p/n on both sides of the rear axle. I swapped them right to left and reset the codes. After a short drive I still have the same codes. I think that would rule out the sensor.

Also, when resetting the codes, the light will come on as soon as I hit the key, like it really does have a hard wiring fault.

Has anyone ever carried out a pinpoint test sucessfully?? Did you use a special muti-meter? Any other ideas on my situation?

Sounds like the sensor is ok but you have a break or short in the harness between the ABS module and the sensor. Did you do work on the l/r of car? For example if you change shocks and let the rear end hand without unbolting the ABS harness from the frame you can damage the wires.

I had same set of problems and found it to be a faulty resevoir sensor, I unplugged it and all my fault lights went out and my ABS and T/C worked fine with no problems whatsoever. One of these days I'll pay the 25.00 for the new sensor and get the nerve up to tackle wiring it in but hell, I can tell by looking if my brake fluid is low right???? Duh

Problem resolved

I had been delaying working on this due to cold weather - finally had a nice weekend temps into the 50s and I got to work on it.

Found a broken wire (no indication of any pinch through the corrogated tubing). I got it spliced back together and everything is functional again, no lights on and ABS/TCS works. The break was right above the rear axle. This was on the signal wire. Not really near any other components... Just posting this as an FYI in case anyone searches this thread later on.

Reactions: 1 user