Absolute rookie. My first sports car is a 2011 GT V8!

TJC

Jan 13, 2012
Pacifica, CA
Hi all. I'm Tom. I'm looking forward to learning more about these great cars on this site. I've been in the market for a very specific Mustang for a bit over a month now, and found exactly what I wanted, only an hour away. So, I'm a new Mustang owner as of 6 hours ago. Feels damn good!

This will be good for a laugh for everyone! I literally haven't driven a manual transmission since I learned how to drive at age 14-15 on my moms Honda Accord with just shy of 300,000 miles on the original clutch! That was nearly 20 years ago and the only other time was a brief stint as a bottled water delivery guy, who got fired for damaging a fleet vehicle ( big ass 30,00olb water truck) which also had a manual tranny.

Yes, I am/was a nancy-boy, going into this purchase when it comes to controlling a car. But I made it home tonight from the dealership, with the exact car I wanted. I have a crappy cropped shot of it from the dealer ad in my avatar, but will get a much better one soon.

352700.02.jpg

I'm thrilled that I haven't wrecked yet! Now it's time to study up for modifications! I've known from the very start that I want to put on the fastback rear window covers. Not the louvered style but the big scoop type. Then, I might look into intake mods that aren't very severe. Want to keep my factory warranty unscathed.

• Sponsors (?)

Congrat's on the purchase man. Welcome to StangNet, and take it easy for the first bit until you get used to the new ride. Those first few weeks are always the most dangerous.

Good advice thanks. Yeah, I got home at around 11:30 last night and there's a very steep hilltop traffic light right next to where I live that I was fearing. Oddly, even from the start, I was able to get it to hold or at least avoid rolling back, so that was a big fear lifted. Oddly, I managed to stall it on flat ground at the stop sign not far from it. Oh well. Getting there.