AC compressor REALLY loud when kicking on. Normal?

wanta5.0

Founding Member
Jan 20, 2002
MY AC compressor is really loud when it kicks on. I don't mean you here just a little bit of a pop it is REALLY loud.:shrug: Sometimes louder than others too. Also you can feel it drag the car down as soon as it kicks on. I know it is not a fancy german car but it is almost embarrassing at times. :bang:

• Sponsors (?)

Kilgore Trout said:
No that is not normal, is your warranty still in effect?
Yeah for about another year. I asked about this right after I got the car and people said it was normal for Fords. :shrug: I didn't think it could hardly be normal. Can you even hear yours kick on?

Ask the dealer to adjust the air gap on the compressor. That fixed mine.. for about a week. The clunk will still be there, just not as loud.

Kilgore Trout said:
Absolutely not and the drop in power is very slight and hard to notice unless I am looking for it.

I need to take my H pipe off and put the stocker back on and put the stock tune on and take it in I guess. I have LOTs of warranty work that needs done but I have been putting it off because I don't want to take off the h-pipe and do all of that **** again. :(

Lets see what my list of stuff is that needs fixed under warranty.

-vent rattle
-rattle in door
-AC compressor
-both window seals need replaced by the mach 460 tweeters due to water leaking in when washing
-passenger window seal at the back of the window
-bottom seal on rear window is just hanging there
-rear glass is chipped on the inside in the top left corner. Probably 1/4" by 3". It looks like they just installed it that way when it was new.

I guess thats it. Not to bad for a 2 year old car. :nonono: :fuss:

My car must have been built on a monday. :rolleyes:

wanta5.0 said:
-rear glass is chipped on the inside in the top left corner. Probably 1/4" by 3". It looks like they just installed it that way when it was new.

Are you KIDDING me? My '04 has the exact same friggen chip. Top left corner about 1/4 of an inch from the weatherstripping.

sgarlic said:
Are you KIDDING me? My '04 has the exact same friggen chip. Top left corner about 1/4 of an inch from the weatherstripping.
Exact same spot!!!! That is crazy.

I wonder how many others have it too and don't even know it?

I don't know about the window chip thing, if it's barely noticeable then I probably just didn't see it.

I do however have the nasty steering rack creak and the vent rattles. My door panels also rattle when I turn up the Mach 460 semi-loud..My car is only about 16 months old too.