Accessory mounting plates

blandq

Founding Member
Jun 10, 2002
Houston Texas
blandq
Hi All, been gone for a while.

I've decided after years of uniquly mine brackets and stand-offs, pulley alignment issues, etc. that I want to design or BUY an aluminium plate for the 280 classic block that will at least give me a single point of reference (mounting plane) for engine accesspries; I run a 1-wire GM alternator, a Sweet Pwer Steering pump, and vintage air. Have been ver satisfied with the March alternator mount but before I mount the new Sweet pump I thought a trip to the forum could be helpful.

Does anyone know of pre-manufactured accessory plates for the 289? If I need to fab one I thought a plexiglass template of the same Aluminum plate thickness would be a good start. Mounting would use the stock mounts; Heads, WP, etc. Then you can mount the accessories however fits best for your app. You only need drill and measure from the single reference point of the plate for alignment.

Why do this: 600 ft. lbs. of torque and a steep RPM ramp tends to place a lot of pressure on the WP mounts, Vintage air does not plan on all the aftermarket other stuff you'll use, etc.

Any help?

• Sponsors (?)