Accident

91ghp5.0

May 25, 2005
Somewhere
It is with great sadness that I let you guys know I got in an accident tonight. Everyone was fine, but the adrenaline is still pumping pretty nicely.

To make a long story short, I was on my way to see Boondock Saints in theaters for it's 10th anniversary. It had rained earlier, and the road was wet. I was on US 41 in Bonita, heading north. I was doing the speed limit, 55, and moved over into the right lane from the center lane. I don't remember if she had moved over from the right lane to the center and was driving slowly, or she was there the whole time. Anyways, I saw her a waaaays off and moved over safely. Right as I was about to pass her, an old geezer in a new Lexus made a sudden lane change with no turn signal into her lane right before a stoplight, and she slammed on the brakes while pulling over into my lane right in front of me. I slammed on the brakes, they locked up (wet plus no ABS), and tried to steer as far right as possible without moving into the turn lane. I made contact with her after sliding a few feet right in front of my left front wheel on the back right edge of her SUV. My brother was in the car with me, and and airbag did not go off. There was no damage on the front of my vehicle, only side damage from her hitting me.

She was at fault, but because the old fart who caused the accident sped off without stopping and there were no impartial witnesses, the cop didn't cite anyone. It's going to be a **** show of an insurance battle now. The entire front left fender was crumpled, but the tire didn't shred. The hood is toast, as well as the front bumper (damage from the side). Headlight got popped from the side. Windshield was cracked on the bottom, neither door would open. It doesn't look good, but I'll let you guys know what the insurance company (state farm) thinks.

Danny

• Sponsors (?)