Active suspension on the 2010?

Discussion in '2010 - 2014 Specific Tech' started by NeoConMan, Feb 20, 2009.

1. NeoConMan

NeoConMan New Member

I read a little blurb with few details the other day, said the 2010 will have active suspension.

I was considering buying one, but I'm not sure I like the new body so much.
    Since the car is largely a carry-over from the 2009, I'm leaning toward just buying the current one this fall.

If I can't get a 2010 GT Premium Coupe auto without crazy suspension, my decision is made.
    I hate the whole idea of electronic shocks for a multitude of reasons.

Anybody know any details?

NCM.
  2. Razinhell

Razinhell New Member

I would say unless you really can't live without the looks of the 2010 version over the looks of the 2009 then get the 2010. Otherwise save your self a bunch of cash and take the current deals Ford is offering on the 2009's and not worry about it.
  3. bigcat

bigcat start with the upper hole, and if more traction is

i have heard of people getting new 08 bullitts for around 24k. if you are on the fence, get one of those. i know of a dealer that has one in stock too, but no idea of pricing.
  4. Mike97gt

Mike97gt it doe snot Mod Dude Founding Member

wait until 2011 for the new engine..
  5. NeoConMan

NeoConMan New Member

Waiting until 2011 is a possibility, as I have chosen not to participate in the recession.

I dunno.
    Would I be stuck with electronic shock absorbers?

Game plan (loosely) is to buy a 2009 and put a 500 hp blower on it at some point.
    If 2009 is the last car without the stupid "smart" suspension, it will be a 2009 for sure.
  6. The Fang

The Fang Member

The active suspention is probably part of the ESC electronic stability control system. This should be an option but is probably not. You most likely will have a button to turn it off tho as like my wifes escape does but it is a good thing cause after experiencing some real bad weather and I mean bad (Fay) I am convinced it is worth it. I feel better knowing my wife is driving it. I didnt like ABS at first until I seen the difference in not having it. :)