Active Theft Sensitivity

yogilu

May 4, 2005
Does anyone know how to adjust the active anti theft feature so that the alarm is more sensitive?

I'd like to have it set so that if someone touches the car the alarm goes off. At the moment I can shake or rock the mustang and try to open the door and nothing happens. :shrug:

I have only had the alarm go off when I have had the windows opened and have tried to open a door by reaching in and pulling the door latch.

Please help. We live in Germany right now and the german ford dealer has no idea.

• Sponsors (?)

Thats weird... Mine is super sensitive. Whenever i start my cobra next to it, it sets it off, or just give it a slight rev. Sometimes when harleys cruise down the street my car will honk because it wants to go off.

I have the same problem. I can shake it and rock it like crazy, try to open the door, I had it locked with window down and tried to open it, still nothing. It just doesn't like to go off at all, I'd like it a bit more sensative than it is.

Yeah, I'm disapointed with it also. I can roll down the windows all the way, stick half my body in and move my arms all around like a crazy man and it does nothing most of the time. The times it does work is if I go crazy for about 20 seconds while banging the roof and dash haha. Yes, I do look like a crazy man doing this!

Man I get home from work and mine will go off for no reason. I can reset it and them a few miniutes later it will go off again. I have taking it to the dealer twice and they do not No what to do. I am thinking about writeing the manufactor. It has mad me so mad that i have unhooked the horn so that it does not wake up the people next door.

fazm83 said:
Ill trade either of you, it bugs me. Most of the time when im at work i just put it in valet mode so it doesnt do that.

The active anti-theft doesn't have a valet mode. It sounds like you have an after market unit.

The anti-theft system based off of the user manual is: 'designed to warn you in the event of an unauthorized entry to you vehicle and is also designed to help prevent unwanted towing of the vehicle.'

I don't think there is a sensitivity adjustment for it.