Actual 05 with racing stripes........

• Sponsors (?)

one2gamble said:
is there a reason they didnt actually finishe the stripes

maybe there removing it because it looks terrible !!

Never try to blend colors like Silver/red .. :bang:
or Yellow w/Silver stripes Boyd C. on his project 65 fastback

If your going to put stripes on 05' stang make it look good.. like here..

My fav !! :D had white with blue stripes 76' Mustang II [got pics]

WHITE/BLUE -05'

http://www.stangnet.com/content/view/34// ! :banana: :flag:

one2gamble said:
is there a reason they didnt actually finishe the stripes
I picked up a copy of the 05 Mustang brochure from my dealer today and I saw the stripes inside as genuine Ford accessories. The stripes don't go all the way down to the bumpers. I dont know why, but they dont.

Brohar,

Definitely like the grey with white (silver?) look on the motortrend pic. Whoever applied the stripes did an excellent job. The stripes go all the way down the front bumper and they are modest in size and nice and close together. A good application job makes a big difference. I have the 2005 Mustang Accessories book from Ford and it shows only 2 colors...silver and black for stripes. See attached. Notice they dont do the bumper either, which I think is a mistake.

Attachments

• Mustang w stripes 2.jpg
    Mustang w stripes 2.jpg
    38.4 KB · Views: 210
I've been leaning towards the lime or black 05. Wonder which stripe, if any, would look good on that color? After seeing the gray/silver and white/blue i may be changing my mind.

Any idea what a painted racing stripe runs these days at a quality shop?

Midnight said:
Generally I think the darker color should be used on the stripes, not the other way around.

Disagree in that I think the sexiest look is dark blue with white stripes. Looks hot on Classics (come to think of it that's what my 66 fastback has for a paint job), Looks good on Viper Coupes and would look OUTSTANDING on the new stang, but then again that's my plan.

To each his own. The ebay red car shown at the beginning of this post looks kinda blah. Finish the job then we could make an informed decision. As it is the GLASS IS HALF EMPTY.

I agree.. I can't think of a single racing stripe color that would look good on that Redfire Metallic

I think tan metallic stripes would look great on the Redfire, but only with a tan interior. By the way, why doesn't Ford offer a tan interior? I think it would look hot with the Redfire Metallic.