Adding a distributor to a D/P block, how hard?

I understand from reading threads that the dual plug blocks have a plug in the distributor hole, but is distributor installation simply a matter of pulling this plug? Is it like a freeze plug? Would machining need to be done to install the distributor(is it unfinished, as cast in there?)?
There are more N/A DP blocks around to use in a turbo buildup(I'm not going to turbo my N/A DP setup-so don't worry, just found a nice block is all...)
I understand I'd have to drill and tap my oil pan...

• Sponsors (?)

freakintiger said:
I understand from reading threads that the dual plug blocks have a plug in the distributor hole, but is distributor installation simply a matter of pulling this plug? Is it like a freeze plug? Would machining need to be done to install the distributor(is it unfinished, as cast in there?)?
There are more N/A DP blocks around to use in a turbo buildup(I'm not going to turbo my N/A DP setup-so don't worry, just found a nice block is all...)
I understand I'd have to drill and tap my oil pan...
I think its just held in with the dist hold down. Looks like it will come out fairly easy

Dr.

The "plug" filling the hole is actually the oil pump drive. Since there is no distributor to do this, they still needed to put something in there to drive the oil pump. All you need to do is remove the "plug", and a distributor will drop in the hole with no problems. I believe it even uses the same hold down clamp.