adios amigos

allcarfan

The Answer Man
Founding Member
Apr 8, 2001
North Atlanta
It was inevitable....I am just plain tired of these classic forums. I am in the same boat with the others that have 'left.' I am sure some of you will be glad to see me go and others may miss what I bring here.

I am always available for specific tech, metallurgic, metal coating/plating, etc questions.

I will still lurk here when im bored, but thats about it.

farewell and happy holidays

• Sponsors (?)

I don't get it. Why are people just getting "tired" of the classic forum? It's unfortunate that we are loosing so many knowledgeable people.

Well, good luck to you and happy holidays!

you know everyone keeps complaining about how bad the forum sucks and nobody really contributes to the tech side any more. i feel like that a lot of the people that are leaving post very little in the way of tech anyway, not all but a lot of them, so maybe this place will actually grow somewhat with some of these paople gone. don't anyone take this wrong way because i like everyone that has left and consider most of them my online friends and some as online family. i don't know i just can't help but think there is a reason for all of this and things will get better soon.

I never could figure out why people who're fed up feel the need to announce their departure. This is not a job, you don't need to give everyone two weeks notice or call in sick when you don't post. Don't like the place? Leave. Oh, and BTW, the "I'll come back when I'm bored", sounds great. I for one will be anxiously awaiting your triumphant return...

zookeeper said:
I never could figure out why people who're fed up feel the need to announce their departure. This is not a job, you don't need to give everyone two weeks notice or call in sick when you don't post. Don't like the place? Leave. Oh, and BTW, the "I'll come back when I'm bored", sounds great. I for one will be anxiously awaiting your triumphant return...

:D

Tough love

DRAMA......This leaving thing is all played out. Just go. You don't have to tell anyone, just don't come back. When you leave a store do you announce to everyone that you are leaving? How about when you leave a public restroom? I can hear it now, "I'm done with taking a crap here, so long everyone, I know some of you will miss my presence but I can't take the one-ply anymore. No one will listen to me so I'm leaving now." Every time I get on this site someone is leaving for good, but never really leaves. Hypocrites. Grow up. This is a Mustang site. We come here to learn and pass on what we know. I'm not your mother, you don't have to like me. Not everyone is going to agree with you. The world does not revolve around you. I don't like you, but I like your car.

Some advice for your new life on the sidelines of Stangnet:

Rule 1: Life is not fair; get used to it.
Rule 2: The world won't care about your self-esteem. The world will expect you to accomplish something before you feel good about yourself.
Rule 3: You will not make 40 thousand dollars a year right out of high school. You won't be a vice president with a car phone until you "earn" both.
Rule 4: If you think your teacher is tough, wait till you get a boss. He doesn't have tenure.
Rule 5: Flipping burgers is not beneath your dignity. Your grandparents had a different word for burger-flipping; they called it opportunity.
Rule 6: If you screw up, it's not your parents' fault so don't whine about your mistakes. Learn from them.
Rule 7: Before you were born, your parents weren't as boring as they are now. They got that way paying your bills, cleaning your room, and listening to you tell them how idealistic you are. So before you save the rain forest from the blood-sucking parasites of your parents' generation, try delousing the closet in your own room.
Rule 8: Your school may have done away with winners and losers but life has not. In some schools they have abolished failing grades, they'll give you as many times as you want to get the right answer. This, of course, bears not the slightest resemblance to anything in real life.
Rule 9: Life is not divided into semesters. You don't get summers off, and very few employers are interested in helping you find yourself. Do that on your own time.
Rule 10: Television is not real life. In real life people actually have to leave the coffee shop and go to jobs.
Rule 11: Be nice to nerds. Chances are you'll end up working for one.

have a nice day,
MUD

latamud said:
DRAMA......This leaving thing is all played out. Just go. You don't have to tell anyone, just don't come back. When you leave a store do you announce to everyone that you are leaving? How about when you leave a public restroom? I can hear it now, "I'm done with taking a crap here, so long everyone, I know some of you will miss my presence but I can't take the one-ply anymore. No one will listen to me so I'm leaving now." Every time I get on this site someone is leaving for good, but never really leaves. Hypocrites. Grow up. This is a Mustang site. We come here to learn and pass on what we know. I'm not your mother, you don't have to like me. Not everyone is going to agree with you. The world does not revolve around you. I don't like you, but I like your car.

Some advice for your new life on the sidelines of Stangnet:

Rule 1: Life is not fair; get used to it.
Rule 2: The world won't care about your self-esteem. The world will expect you to accomplish something before you feel good about yourself.
Rule 3: You will not make 40 thousand dollars a year right out of high school. You won't be a vice president with a car phone until you "earn" both.
Rule 4: If you think your teacher is tough, wait till you get a boss. He doesn't have tenure.
Rule 5: Flipping burgers is not beneath your dignity. Your grandparents had a different word for burger-flipping; they called it opportunity.
Rule 6: If you screw up, it's not your parents' fault so don't whine about your mistakes. Learn from them.
Rule 7: Before you were born, your parents weren't as boring as they are now. They got that way paying your bills, cleaning your room, and listening to you tell them how idealistic you are. So before you save the rain forest from the blood-sucking parasites of your parents' generation, try delousing the closet in your own room.
Rule 8: Your school may have done away with winners and losers but life has not. In some schools they have abolished failing grades, they'll give you as many times as you want to get the right answer. This, of course, bears not the slightest resemblance to anything in real life.
Rule 9: Life is not divided into semesters. You don't get summers off, and very few employers are interested in helping you find yourself. Do that on your own time.
Rule 10: Television is not real life. In real life people actually have to leave the coffee shop and go to jobs.
Rule 11: Be nice to nerds. Chances are you'll end up working for one.

have a nice day,
MUD
:lol:
2 friggin funny. :rlaugh: :rlaugh: :rlaugh:

zookeeper said:
I never could figure out why people who're fed up feel the need to announce their departure. This is not a job, you don't need to give everyone two weeks notice or call in sick when you don't post. Don't like the place? Leave.

+1

I frequent the 4.6 and 5.0 forums, and have recently started spending time in classic tech. Never seen this much drama about people leaving in the other forums or on other boards for that matter.

Don't take this place so seriously, you'll enjoy your time here a whole lot more. :shrug:

The classic forum used to be more a a family environment. It used to be that about 20 or so people were considered "regulars" and the rest just came and went.

When you have a grooup that is as tight knit as the classic forum used to be, people would freak out if SD was gone for 3 days without telling everyone he would be away. Now instead of everyone freaking out that a "regular" is leaving, everyone gets mad for them announcing it?

When HM and GBM would take a break, the whole forum would stop and ask where they went. Hell you guys even asked where I went once or twice.

No offense to the ladies that cruise this forum, but what a bunch of damned women! Make up your minds already, either you are sad to see someone go, or you are not. I swear this forum has PMS, once a month the place turns into a raging bitch and everyone gets mad at each other.

For a car forum, this place sure does stink of estrogen.

Shane,
While you and I didn't always agree on issues you will be a sad loss to SN. Have a good holiday.

To those who don't "get it",
Maybe that is a very telling sign as to the state of this forum. Change isn't always good and sometimes should be resisted.

I'll agree that there isn't very much tech anymore. But I think, on the other hand, you can only answer a I6 to V8 conversion so many times, which is why I asked many moons ago for a FAQ section. Just when I think there are only so many things you can do to a classic mustang, along comes SN95 to screw it all up. ;) jk... I think people documenting what they're doing and making a page or posting it here so Oboe or someone else can take it and put it on a webpage of their own would be a great asset.

There are a few that have been around for quite sometime and many that are relative newbies. I think us old timers are setting a bad precident for the noobs by getting agitated and bickering. But a lot of it is really petty "Red Cars svck!!" "Automatics Rule!!" stuff that is just personal preference like that just causes problems. Now if its something that personal experience falls into, like, "Well, I don't agree that 28 spline axles are too good with 600 HP because I busted an axle, spun my car around and smacked a retaining wall and now my car is totalled", I think the constructive critisism there is okay.

But I agree with GP, the forum has changed quite a bit in the last year, and overall, not for the good, methinks.

I really don't post as much here anymore. I really don't have too much to learn from here and I'm forgetting more things that I have done to my car that I can comment about (like removing the front windows from the door shells) that if I don't feel like I can give an accurate explanation, I don't feel like commenting. I've been visiting and commenting on the FordFE.com forum more often as I'm trying to learn more about the FE series engine. I have a '63 Fairlane that I'm turning into a Nostalgia Super Stock drag car and I'm trying to learn as much about making as much HP/TQ as I can for the buck. One of the guys on there has an uncle that works in a machine shop. They've taken a 330 truck motor (based on a 332/352/360/390 FE) and bored the cylinders completely out and have installed 8 sleeves that are 1/8" thick and have a 4.25" bore which is .020" over a 427 bore. They've quoted that the price to do this to a block would be $800 if their test is succesful on this mule motor. I can't afford a $3500 race block and the 427 blocks are just about as much with a good 428 being in between. They're documenting it with photos and several of the guys on the forum are donating parts to the cause. I wished this forum was more like that. Maybe we ought to try and get in on the Engine Masters Challenge for the next SB challenge?

On another note everyone, we are approaching the Christmas Season, the season of giving to others and at times putting differences aside to reinforce the holiday. So I suggest that everyone wish one another Happy Holidays. If you are thinking of putting something negative down simply wish them Happy Holidays instead. May sound a bit utopian, but hey, who cares, most of us will never actually meet each other.

my whole problem is with everyone leaving because they think this place sucks. the biggest problem with that is that they would rather turn tail and run and bail out on all of us that continue on here, rathher than trying to do something about it. i agree that the forum isn't as fun or have as much good tech as it used to, but i think the main reason for that is people bitchin and complaining instead of posting any of the cool stuff they've done or asking some good tech provoking questions. i have had my share of disagreements with people especially historic, but he and i have actually been making a lot of progress with that and i think we are models of how disagreements can be overcome. i think everyone should take a page from the book he and i have been writing over the last several months and learn to get along with each other, after all if he and i can do it anyone can, instead of just getting fed up and leaving the place we all love so much. so my position is that if you would rather leave than try to make the classic forum a better place, then more power to you. i don't want anyone else to leave but if you can't make a choice to try and make this a better place and decide to announce that you can't stand this place and how bad it sucks, then so long. we don't need that kind of stuff in here ant new people who see threads like this will likely never join and contribute because they don't wnat to be a part of it, and that is truly a shame. if all the regulars who post here were the only ones posting this place would be really boring and we would never get to see any new ideas like SN65's project, which by the way i think he is a little wary of us, i saw a post of his on CC.com asking about SN classic forums as a place to post info about his car. he did say that he gets the best responses here and i would hate to run him off because of people giving this place a bad name by announcing how much they don't like it here. so SN65 if you are reading this, this is not the way this forum normally operates, this has only been going on for a few months and hopefully with posts about projects like yours it will get better soon. by the way great job on your project. ok, i'll get off my soapbox now, but i for one would like to see this place get back to the way it was, if that means we lose some of the regular posters, then so be it.