Advise on making engine bay look better

BLWN 4D

Jun 26, 2000
Costa Mesa, CA
So i have a 91' blown stang and am just tired of the engine compartment looking like it does. compared to my SRT Charger the engine compartment looks....well just sloppy. What are some ways to simplify the look and make it cleaner in overall appearance. here is a photo of what i have now.

motor9.jpg

I have the car for sale (here is a link) so i want it to show better. Thanks in advance for any suggestions and photos.

Attachments

• motor9.jpg
    motor9.jpg
    87.6 KB · Views: 319
  • Sponsors (?)

Try putting the covers back on the car. Distributor cover and Coil cover. That makes it look alot cleaner. The only thing you really did by taking those off was showing more wiring and more mess. :shrug: You really can't do it properly unless your engine is pulled and you can weld, smooth and hide all the wiring. Good luck.

You can do those projects without removing the engine, but it's not going to be as comfortable. Bottlfed did his w/the engine still in place.

Check out some ideas on hiding wiring harnesses: http://www.soniccherry.com/wires.html. Estimated time, 3-4 hours a side for your first time. Since you're selling it you might not want to involve yourself so much, and in such a case tossing on replacement coil & distributor boot covers would be a quick help. Also a simple cleaning/degreasing will go a long way. You don't have to go all out to make something look nice, neat, and clean.

Mine:
2.jpg

Attachments

• 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    487.8 KB · Views: 3,402
man i think your engine bay looks good!

i agree with the distributor boot,coil cover.relocate battery,hide msd boxes,degrease and powerclean, and call it good.nice ride man

Paint your serp. belt brackets and p/s pump light silver to match everything else, and paint the resivoir on the p/s pump black. Maybe get one of those one-piece radiator brackets that hides your radiator and gets rid of the ugly stock brackets. That would take care of a lot.

You might consider getting some black plug wires and a regular rubber radiator hose too. Making everything similar colors will make the engine bay appear much less cluttured, and the engine itself will stand out better.