Fox Aew, Debra Sanchez's 83 Convertible

When it hit the mag it was fresh. I'd say we have raised the build bar over the the last two decades. It has been enjoyed and driven hard with a many of smiles.
When it started it was supposed to just be the wife's cruiser with a heavy pedal.
The previous owner truly enjoyed the car and passed it on to me knowing I'd get her back to some glory.
I had driven it back in 95 or so. And wow! It moved for sure.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Sponsors (?)

It's looking like I'll need to dig deep into the dash and redo most all the wiring. Which is kind of a bummer since this car seems to have more than any I've had.
One step at a time. Labels on all the MSD before I pulled so I can kinda see what was going on. I'll pull the radio and alarm which should clear a big portion of the rats nest.
I'm a big fan of a beats pill and the iPhone.

I'm In strip down mode at the moment. I'll pull the core, radiator and disconnect lines today. Can't do much until the power train is out. Once down to the body only I'll put it on a table and check it. I'm guessing it will need to be pulled a bit. Cutting in the frame rails will likely let it move easily. Considering building all new torque boxes. Sometimes easiest to make new than repair.

+1 to new torque boxes.

Interior is pretty much gutted. Ready to cut for frame rails and torque boxes.
Engine is ready to pull.
Once my buddy is free to help pull I'll get it leveled out and square.
I don't want to start cutting till then.
I like having a clear engine pull. I may make the core removable so I don't have to lift so high

Reactions: 1 user
719691f933d28ba2eaf3c02c25772c6b.jpg
968db3a5114fddb75115001669c95572.jpg

Reactions: 1 users
Interior is pretty much gutted. Ready to cut for frame rails and torque boxes.
Engine is ready to pull.
Once my buddy is free to help pull I'll get it leveled out and square.
I don't want to start cutting till then.
I like having a clear engine pull. I may make the core removable so I don't have to lift so high

Just replace the lower radiator support like @90sickfox did with a bolt in tubular.

TeamZ makes a nice lower radiator support. You could then drop the kmember and trans crossmember and roll the motor out the front. Just an idea. Wouldn't need the body too high to do it either.[emoji106]

Engine, trans and diff out. Along with a bunch of wire and old alarm. I forgot how much crap the old alarms had. It was spliced into just about everything.
e592865070ca37a852bebcbc04c1df56.jpg
5e3810672ca8ecaf1a95e835f4dbfa01.jpg
a9254a0768134aa0a3705e55a2eec663.jpg

I'm always amazed at how much work there is before you can start work! I was surprised that she looked good for square, just about 3/8" of a twist from flat. All sucked down and ready for the knife!
9f1d906cc72b5e1580248e6884a69214.jpg