AFE Magnum Force CAI installed

ks44142

Oct 26, 2004
wichita,ks
I just installed the AFE Magnum Force CIA this past weekend, and I've put about 300 highway and street miles on and no problems. What a difference it makes in throttle response, it's like night and day and at WOT puts a deeper sound through the stock exhaust. The best part is no tune needed, no I didn't have it dyno'd but their site post results that show 19 hp and 22 fptq (4.6l V8) The review by StangNet (on the home page) is right on the money. Only 2 things I have to comment on not being right is they don't list needing a torque/star driver to remove/install the MAS. Not a big deal and to retain the original screws used to attach the MAS to the old one. And you'll need to have a 5/32nd allen key for the cover screws (not listed). They estimate 30 min. for install but someone who knows what they’re doing could do it in about 20 min. The kit comes with everything you need. And it doesn't look like some hack job either. I haven't taken pic's yet but if you want pic's right a way the StangNet review has some good ones.

• Sponsors (?)

I guess this could be filed under update/fyi, before installing the CAI I was getting about 20.3 mpg with city driving after install I'm getting 23.7 mpg and that's been with my foot in it quite a bit seeing what it does. I'm pretty impressed.

nope got it for a lot less through my local shop I do a lot of business with who is a dealer for PDQ preformance wharehouse (a distributer for AFE) but if you are intrested pm me with an e-mail and I can get you their info and they should be able to get you a good deal. Midstates had it for $320 I think. My price was less then that...