Aftermarket gauge cluster

• Sponsors (?)

Use of the English language - or lack there of!!

How does and electronic speedometer work with my 65/66?" Normally on a mechanical speedo a cable attaches from the transmission to the gauge, this cable rotates, the rotation of the cable is interpreted buy the speedo to give you your speed. On and electronic speedo, a pulse generator (included with gauge) is attached to transmission and is connected to the speedo via a wire. The pulse generator will send electronic pulses to the speedo which then is interpreted into your speed reading.

If his guages work as well as his spelling, I'd stay away.

It does look cool enough though.

Kevin

I just noticed something else.

The bezels in the mustang unlimited site and the mp products site no longer have the outside of the bezel chromed. I looks a little "off" just being all camera case black.

That auction is for the more expensive programmable gauges. I think he will also sell them with the cheaper gauges like Mustangs Unlimited. I saw the gauge cluster at the SEMA show in Nov. The reaction from most people was the instrument cluster was a disappointment when viewed close up.

That auction is for the more expensive programmable gauges. I think he will also sell them with the cheaper gauges like Mustangs Unlimited. I saw the gauge cluster at the SEMA show in Nov. The reaction from most people was the instrument cluster was a disappointment when viewed close up.

Thats not good. I planning to have to look at it for a long time........:rlaugh:

Well poop.....Anyone know where I can get a nice empty 6 gauge cluster without spending $500 for a billet one?

I made my own. I used autometer cobalt gauges which cost big $$$ but it was the look i was going for. All the gauges are electrical rather than mechanical. Very easy to install and wire up.

The cost:

Black 6-gauge bezel... $70
8 autometer cobalt gauges (including A-pillar)... $1100
The compliments given when i drive it at night... priceless!:nice:

Check it out. http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3029169

I made my own. I used autometer cobalt gauges which cost big $$$ but it was the look i was going for. All the gauges are electrical rather than mechanical. Very easy to install and wire up.

The cost:

Black 6-gauge bezel... $70
8 autometer cobalt gauges (including A-pillar)... $1100
The compliments given when i drive it at night... priceless!:nice:

Check it out. http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3029169

Sixty5pony: I saw pics of your interior on an ebay auction. What do you think of the fit and finish of that gauge panel? Do you have any other closer shots than the ones you posted on your car domain?

Sixty5pony: I saw pics of your interior on an ebay auction. What do you think of the fit and finish of that gauge panel? Do you have any other closer shots than the ones you posted on your car domain?

I guess I have the same questions.

I have a nice set of gauges picked out If I opt to just get an empty bezel.

Does the bezel seem "funny" without having the chrome around the outside like the stocker did?

I know what you mean. I really wanted the black one with the chrome around the edge to match my glove box. However, the only place that i saw selling those were going for $450 just for the bezel, no gauges!! So i opted for the all black one. Its hard to see in the picture but it has a sprayed on material which gives it a camera case finish like the glove box has. The edge of the bezel is smooth. I haven't decided if i want to paint this or not. In my case, the gauges are so cool that people really don't notice the missing chrome. And for 70 bucks i was happy with the fit. i'll try to take a couple of close ups tonight to give you a better idea.

Not sure if these pics will show enough detail but here goes.

Attachments

• gauges1.jpg
    gauges1.jpg
    31.2 KB · Views: 399
  • gauges2.jpg
    gauges2.jpg
    37.4 KB · Views: 356
Maxamil, the guy on ebay selling them for $80 out of AZ is the one i got mine from. I talked to him directly because this piece was on back order every where else. He was great to deal with. He overnighted me the piece to L.A. so i could put my gauges in on a friday night in time to cruise around on saturday. Also, he told me on the phone that his company puts in a pre-cut brushed aluminum piece as well for a few more bucks. i can't remember exactly how much since i just wanted the black one.

I just went to his site on ebay today to check the price and saw that he had a picture of my stang below the picture of the bezel as an example. I forgot that i had sent him that picture since he was cool enough to get that part to me so fast. Anyway, they're good people!

Good luck with the gauges!