aftermarket oil pans

LILCBRA

I wish I didn't have all of these balls in the air
15 Year Member
Dec 6, 2005
Marietta, Ga
Who is running an aftermarket oil pan, and what do you have? I have recently lost my patience with the stock unit and want to go with an aluminum pan and would like to know if anyone has run anything different. This is what I am looking at: Cal Custom CAL-188445 - Cal Custom® Finned Aluminum Oil Pans - Overview - SummitRacing.com. I am running a manual rack and pinion, so I do have a little more clearance than some, but I am just unsure if this will fit.

• Sponsors (?)

The pan I bought was a Milodon 30925 with there pickup for the pan. It works with my main girdle. I have manual steering and it clears that, not by much though. Now the only reason I had to use this pan is because of the main girdle. I did run a regular front sump pan for a few years and it worked the car came with power steering so I had to grind a edge off the rack to clear I then converted to manual steering. The other thing is the starter and bell housing, I have a fox body setup. The starter on the II bellhousing is closer to the oil pan I think so you may have to get a mini starter.