aftermarket throttle body

gtstang86

May 8, 2006
California
my stock throttle body is 70mm. is there any advantage to buying to buying a aftermarket throttle body of the same size? i just have some minor bolt on mods so i dont think i need anything bigger than 70mm.

• Sponsors (?)

One 70mm throttle body may not flow like another 70mm throttle body, if that is what you are asking:)

Shaft thickness, blade thickness, screw protrusion, and finish shape can vary between different brands which changes flow potential.

One 70mm throttle body may not flow like another 70mm throttle body, if that is what you are asking:)

Shaft thickness, blade thickness, screw protrusion, and finish shape can vary between different brands which changes flow potential.

Sorry to hijack, but it should help the original poster... Would anyone like to chime in with their opinion on which aftermarket 70 or 75mm throttle body will flow the best? Has anyone done research to prove one brand better than others? :shrug:

George Klass has stated many times that their throttle bodies flowed the best, after he compared them to the competition.

With that being said, George Klass is at Accufab:)

Sorry to hijack, but it should help the original poster... Would anyone like to chime in with their opinion on which aftermarket 70 or 75mm throttle body will flow the best? Has anyone done research to prove one brand better than others? :shrug:

I haven't found any articles describing a direct TB comparison test so I can't answer the question directly. I do have a Summit Racing 75mm TB which is a very nice piece, and I ported the upper intake manifold opening to match. Throttle response was much improved and I like it.

A larger blade is doing to produce the same thing, described in two different ways:

1. More throttle response.

2. Touchy throttle response.

A larger surface area blade will let more air in at part throttle, but in many applications the wide open throttle performance is unaffected.

A larger blade is doing to produce the same thing, described in two different ways:

1. More throttle response.

2. Touchy throttle response.

A larger surface area blade will let more air in at part throttle, but in many applications the wide open throttle performance is unaffected.

Wow that was extremely well put. And makes complete sense.