air/fuel question

brian98gt

Founding Member
Mar 12, 2002
new jersey
obviously it is dangerous to have a lean a/f mixture, but i'm curious of what happens if your running a little rich. the reason i ask is cause once my car is finished being tuned with a safe a/f mixture, i intend on installing a afm mr freeze meth injection kit using the smallest jet which is used for just a cooling affect and it says the car shouldn't need to be tuned afterwards. i'm guessing the most that will happen is the car will run a tiny bit rich. besides maybe reducing hp a tad is there anything dangerous about running a little rich?

• Sponsors (?)

obviously it is dangerous to have a lean a/f mixture, but i'm curious of what happens if your running a little rich. the reason i ask is cause once my car is finished being tuned with a safe a/f mixture, i intend on installing a afm mr freeze meth injection kit using the smallest jet which is used for just a cooling affect and it says the car shouldn't need to be tuned afterwards. i'm guessing the most that will happen is the car will run a tiny bit rich. besides maybe reducing hp a tad is there anything dangerous about running a little rich?

if it gets too rich , you might start bucking under acceleration , once it gets down in the 9-low 10 range ....