All hail the doublestack wing!

909 said:
Congrats. Just wait until you really get used to it, they are a blast.
Come to me oh child, and I will show you the way of the mods.

He is but a student. With time, the power of the dark side can be understood and harnessed... but to hurry would not be ... prudent.

bwahahahaha...
BWAhahahaha...
BWAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAA!

• Sponsors (?)

tarch at school said:
would you be interested in racing my brother's svt focus from 2nd gear?

"on a track of course"

I'm always interested. But you guys can't seem to make it to a meet. And the last thread on a meet died a horribly lonely death. I have to assume you are talking about the Audi not the Cobra.

Rootus said:
Got me a new daily driver.

Maybe next time it'll be a Corvette, Patrick :). Just can't afford it at this time, after I get some other things paid off (couple of years) I may give that a try.

Dave
Nice car Dave! I hope you enjoy it!

Oh well, maybe next time I can bring you over to the dark side Bowtie. :D

I bet that is going to be loads of fun!

And so it begins :banana:.

I can barely hear the whoosh of the turbo, so I thought I'd fix it. I don't know that this will add any horsepower, but it'll certainly make the turbo more audible.

mod1_cai.jpg

05drive said:
damn i wish i was older so my insurance wasnt so expensive, so i can get a bad ass car

I feel your pain. I am 22 years old, and have a clean driving record and several discounts on my insurance. The insurance on my '95GT and my truck are not bad, though the stang insurance ate up most of my disposable income during high school and college. Now that I am done with school, I have shopped around at different insurance carriers. My next car acquisition may not happen because I don't want to pay the astronomical rates I was quoted. Being in my position, it has become apparent that buying the car is one thing; insuring it is quite another!

loud 95 said:
Being in my position, it has become apparent that buying the car is one thing; insuring it is quite another!
It gets better. I no longer worry about insurance, I just buy what I want and then call to change the coverage. It would be lower if I were married, but at least it's consistent now. One of the upsides to getting old...

Rootus said:
And so it begins :banana:.

I can barely hear the whoosh of the turbo, so I thought I'd fix it. I don't know that this will add any horsepower, but it'll certainly make the turbo more audible.

mod1_cai.jpg

I am sure you will be quite pleased with that intake. What are the plans for the Canary?

loud 95 said:
I am sure you will be quite pleased with that intake. What are the plans for the Canary?
Putting it back into running condition, and probably keeping it for a while to add some spice to my driving experience. It'll keep me from getting bored with the STI, and I can put some commuting miles on it as well instead of racking up 18K per year on the STI. The decision now is whether to put the '95 back to stock, or since I am keeping it for awhile maybe I should slap the AFR's back on. I'm fickle, so I'll waffle over that decision for a few months before making a choice.

Dave

I'm just waiting for Jon to come back in here and talk about what he saw today :jester:. A freeway racer this car is not. And third gear is not really a good gear for 60 mph, I forget that this is not geared like a Cobra :D.

loud 95 said:
That looks kool Dave but is that for the air intake or valve cover breather :D I think they added 5 to 10rwh for the 06 wright Dave, I know i saw somewere they added more power.I have to admit Dave thats a nice car and awd in the winter is priceless, But I luv my cobra too much wish I could have both it sures is tempting, IF they were around 25 i could probably swing it , but 32 is to much for me with my cobra too. Its definately worth it though I really do like it alot and am very happy for you:nice:

Rootus said:
I'm just waiting for Jon to come back in here and talk about what he saw today :jester:. A freeway racer this car is not. And third gear is not really a good gear for 60 mph, I forget that this is not geared like a Cobra :D.

That was quite ironic to see you. I saw your pics last night, then today I see you in it on the freeway. It looks really good in person. I like the color a lot.
I wasn't really instigating you to put the hammer down. I was wondering if you were heading up to the dyno. :)