"Allmost heaven"

ranger04

Jul 28, 2007
I just took my 07 GT on it's first road trip, I took it to W,Va. I averaged 24 mpg and it was a pleasure to drive on the interstate. Where it really shined, was on those curvey mountain roads. Even with stock suspension, it handled like it was on rails, this thing is a blast to drive in the twisties. Here in northern Ohio, the roads are straight and boreing. It does need a set of 4:10's to really straighten those curves and power up the steeper inclines, 4th and 5th gear were useless at times. 4:10's should give be back 4th. For you flatlanders, I sugest you take your stang to the mountains to really see what it can do, you won't be disapointed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Sponsors (?)

I just took my 07 GT on it's first road trip, I took it to W,Va. I averaged 24 mpg and it was a pleasure to drive on the interstate. Where it really shined, was on those curvey mountain roads. Even with stock suspension, it handled like it was on rails, this thing is a blast to drive in the twisties. Here in northern Ohio, the roads are straight and boreing. It does need a set of 4:10's to really straighten those curves and power up the steeper inclines, 4th and 5th gear were useless at times. 4:10's should give be back 4th. For you flatlanders, I sugest you take your stang to the mountains to really see what it can do, you won't be disapointed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sounds like a nice ride my friend!

Next year I'm upgrading my suspension.

Definitely something to be said for country roads.

This flatlander moved up to VT a few years ago...

I'll NEVER move out.

:nice:

I agree these cars are fun in the twisties! Here's mine with stock suspension and 4.10s in the W.VA mountains:D

Kooldawg you were just teasin' us!!

4.10s in a GT, I'd expect to hear whoops and hollers outta your passenger!!

:D

But I suppose you don't like cookin' your own meals!

:rlaugh:

Nice road!!

Man, I'd wear out my tires on that one!!!

Got "tires for life" with my car... was on 2nd set in 14 months.

Here's a little vid BEFORE I got my new tires, center tread was virtually non-existant...

http://media.putfile.com/SOHCman-NiceRideInTheCountry

Still handled OK without really pushing it.

SOHC

Brandywhine!!!!! thats not far from me, I'm from Petersberg in Grant county. I have to cross the Alleganie to get there. Thats one big mountain with lots hairpin turns. On top, it's flat for miles. These cars are for sure canyon carvers. Beats carving with my ranger or suv's.