Alright Sound System Gurus, Answer me this, How do I wire more speakers in the Fox?

Starscream88

Mar 8, 2003
Park Ridge NJ
Ok I want some more speakers,

I dunno how ford Wired it so I have 4 in the front and 2 in the back,
Because when I re-wired everything for my AMP all I found was wires for 2 front speakers and 2 rear :confused:
But all 6 work??? Whatever, Anyway..........

I want to put some more speakers in,
Another 2 in the back, and 2 up front, Im thinking something like the SN-95 Little door Window Speakers up front,
and some 6x8's in the back somewhere

BUT

How and WHERE Do i wire them? so they will all give out full volume and not low crappy sound,

Jamie

• Sponsors (?)

If you want aftermarket, you need to go with 5x8's (or whatever fits in the rear) and some component speakers in the front.. mids/allrange in the door, and tweeter's in the dash. the componants will act as two speakers.. easy to wire as a 4 speaker system and you technically have 6 speakers. The only way to go, really.

Ok heres My Current Setup just to clear everything,

Kenwood Face Unit, (Dunno Model number but it was dam expensive and does lots of fun $hit)
Kenwood Dash Speakers,
Kenwood Door Speakers,
Kenwood Rear Speakers,
Kenwood 800w Amp,

All bought recently and were the best ones I could find,

BUT
I want to put a few more in,
Im thinking of getting the SN-95 Mach 460 Little Triangle Door Mirror speakers to act as a "Tweeter" and Im thinking of adding 2 more 6x8 or 5x7 whatever I can fit in the rear,

SO,

How do I do that? and what do I wire the speakers too?

Ive seen these little rice burners with like 10 or more speakers, how do they do it?

bmorrisj said:
if you wire 6 speakers to where you only have four input outputs/the impedance will be too low for four of the speakers and possibly burn the amp, or are you using an after market amp?

Yeah i have a 4 Channel Amp, Everythings wired directly to that,
I have 2 Cables coming out of the back of my face unit, to the amp, Then the amp directly to the speakers,
BUT, I dunno how the dask speakers are working??:confused:
I only could find one set of wires for the front and I wired them to the amp and all 4 front ones work???

Weird,
But I want to put a few more in

In my GT I had no door speakers, just dash and rear. There was wiring for all 6 locations though. Ford wired the dash speakers in series to the door speakers then to the deck.

A couple ways to make this with aftermarket components:

*Put 3.5" speakers in the dash, 6.5" in the door and 6x8's in the rear, wire the dash speakers to the head unit and the rest to an external amplifier.

*Use a 3 way component set for the front, 6.5 midbass in the doors, 4" midrange in the dash. and mount the tweeters on the a pillars.

*The cheapest way would be to wire the dash speakers in series to the amplifier

This diagram of subwoofer wiring will show you how, the first gives the speakers more power, the second less power, you also won't be able to fade from the dash to the doors.
http://www.crutchfieldadvisor.com/S-LwZkiwgU8io/learningcenter/car/subwoofers_wiring.html?subs=2&impedance=SVC4

I have Infinity Kappa 6.5" Component speakers in the front Woofer in the usual location and tweeter in the door panel. I'm going to replace the rear speakers (which can be 5x7 or 6x8) w/ a plate to run another set of those 6.5" components. The woofer will be behind the grate and I haven't figgured out where to put the tweeter yet.

you really don't need more than that unless you want a sub. And IMO, a single 12 in a sealed box should be sufficient.