Am I Getting Hosed by the Dealership?

my mom gets free oil changes on her car, EVERY single time its in they say "oh you really need" this or that. then she has me fix the problem the car so desperatly needs. and EVERY single time its completly un-needed. last one was changing the rear brake pads, pads litterally had like 10,000-15,000 miles of use left in them.

I have no idea how the service writers (or whoever) live with themselves, they must have no conscience to charge someone hundreds and hundreds of dollars for **** they do not need.:bs:

• Sponsors (?)

:stupid:

I found out today that my Mother has had her injectors cleaned at $90 a pop, and the service center has done this twice on her still stock car that has less than 50k. :eek:

After being told this, I told her she was getting ripped off and needed to locate a better mechanic. I don't live close enough.

Doing your own work isn't always an option, even with the know-how. I designed and built a race car from ground up in college as my senior design project for my Mechanical Engineering degree, yet I can't work on my own cars. Not only is there no room to work in my parking spot in the underground garage of the townhouse I live in, its not allowed.