American Thunder Catback....is it worth it

I have a few questions......How does the American Thunder Flowmaster Catback compare with the Regular Weld-On 2 chamber flows in; Sound, Quality, and Performance. Also, Will a Bassani catted X-pipe go well with the American Thunder Catback? The American Thunder will run me about three hundred for the caback and it seems like a good offer compared to Bassani, Borla, and the Magnapacks. So if anyone has some info, I really need it. Thanks

• Sponsors (?)

They all make about the same about of HP/TQ, its more of a sound pleasure than anything else. I personally don't like the x-pipe with chambered mufflers, but others do. In my opinion, if you are going with flowmasters, stick with h-pipes.

As for the flowmaster cat-back compared to weld in mufflers... unless you are planning on passing the 500hp mark, the weld in mufflers will make just about the same amount. The biggest restriction is in the 4 cat h-pipe system from the factory.

If you take a straw and mount it to a larger garden hose, you will still be able to breath about the same amount of air out...

Hope this helps :)

The only complaint I have about the american thunder cat back is that it fit like complete crap on my 96. I had to beat in the tailpipe right near the drivers upper control arm because it kept on hitting it. It does sound really good with my VRS O/R X-pipe though.

I have the American Thunder cat back on my '91 & 2 chambers welded onto my '97; all the rest of the Cobra exhaust is stock. The Cobra now sounds like it should have from the factory. I had the same cat back on my '90 with a Bassani catted X, then with gutted cats. I loved the sound. To me, though, nothing else sounds right on a Mustang except 2 chamber Flowmasters.

Yo,
Very good exhaust combination, I have the bassani x-pipe with cats and the flowmaster am thun 2 chamber catback system on my 98 Cobra Vert. Sound is awesome, loud, and around 2000rpm rumbles the best. I wouldnt trade it for the world. Although sometimes, it doenst seem as loud to me, that is until I drop the top. lol

I really like this catback too. I'm wondering if they make it for 1996-1997 Cobras b/c I only see on websites 1996-1998 GT/2V and 1998 Cobra 4V. Do any of those fit? Where is the best place to buy this? Cheapest I've seen is in the mid $300's-ish.