(another) carb question...

JonDawg

Mstng2 supplied me with my pair
Founding Member
Hi all. Im not sure if Im even on the right forum, but since I have me II, and you guyz are the most helpful:

I have an Edelbrock 1406, mech secondaries, on a mildly built 351W. and currently I have the big Vacuum port tied to the PCV valve. It has (so far) made a really good vacuum in the crank case, but Im wondering what it will be screwin up in the future. I have the carb (sorta) tuned for the extra air getting in, but its not a really good tune, so there is the "lean" issue.....

So, what is every issue you all can think of that is gonna happen runnin my car this way??

Thanx guyz,
Jon.

• Sponsors (?)

I have a similar setup with the same carb. the big port in back of the carb is for the power brakes. The big one in front is for the pcv valve. you stand the chance of eventually sucking oil into the carb and/or a major vacuum leak which might be lending to your lean issue.

whoa, it IS for the PCV setup?? Well, that helps a lot. I dont (think) I have one on the back, just the Big one and 2 little ones up front. and I was told it was for the Pwb. . . . .

. . . .come to think of it, I really should get power brakes, though. Its not safe to have all that "go" and not a lot of "stop". :rolleyes: