another CDC shaker goes on...

Rickman - I am going to buy the scoop and install. Wanna come up to Minneapolis and help me cut the hole in the hood?? :D

I am curious how good of a template and measurements are supplied for the hole - also what sort of tolerances we have - I.E. Can the scoop be moved forward / backward a fraction of an inch to make it fit the hole better?

I see you have the satin spoiler as well. I just bought another spoiler for mine and will be painting it the same way. Also - where did you get your fog lights? Are they covers or new lens?

Thanks!

• Sponsors (?)

The 06 model year is pretty nice as far as v6 stangs. They have a new look on the front end with small fog lights in the grill. I think it looks almost exactly like a 67 or so fast back how they have the small fog lights in the grill and the bar running from them to the little box around the pony emblem.

Anyways back on topic. Nice car man, ive seen 2 of the 05's done up like that here in Indy, 1 red vert. and and a black coupe. both gt's though :hail2:

Jenns05Stang said:
:rlaugh: :rlaugh: No, but I could build one faster than Ford is building Sanctus' Stang. Hahahahhahaha

Jenn

hahaha yeah NOT FUNNY! jenn sometimes... haha i love fords product, but i love it even more when they build it... seems like ordering way ahead of time really pays off... o well im getting it on z plan and it willl be here someday... fingers crossed. and i dunno if you all live in california but if you do, then there is one organization in california that is alot like ordering a mustang from ford... and its called Cal Trans. and both ford and C.T. are sooo veryy very slow at doing what i wish of them. haha but i can get on fords case for not producing... good luck telling a 350lb man wearing a neon vest named Jerry to hurry up...

Hey I just had one installed on my 05 Mustang GT here in Texarkana. I had a professional installation. Have you had any problems with the cold air induction causing your stang to bog down around 5000 RPM under heavy excelleration.

Would appreciate an e-mail to [email protected].

This is an awsome upgrade and really turns heads. I've got to call CDC and see what they think. I got one of the first 05 GT's in Arkansas in October of 04 no trips for warranty work with 6,000 miles. Would appreciate your experience on the performance end. Thanks, Glenn

I spoke with CDC today specifically about that and they say no. In fact if you open your hood and look up at it, the outline for the cut out is already there. I recommend professional install at a really good body shop as everything has to be just right. The shaker system drops down over your engine top and there is a piece that routes the cold air to your air box. I think my bogging issue is going to be a warranty thing. CDC works very closely with Ford on their after market products. Don't have any pics of my car yet, but I am trying to keep it simple and understated, going for the Mach 1 look. I added the chromed 69 cobra jet emblem on my shaker scoop. It was a niece touch.

Just my thoughts, GG

05 Black GT 5 Speed - Upgrade wheels
CDC Shaker System
CDC Sequential Tail Lights
Red Cloth Seat Inserts
Red embroidery mustangs in head rests
CDC Dash Upgrade Kit
MTR Rear Window Lovers
Custom Side Stripes & Rear Deck Stripes
Floor Mats with logos from GPI Mustang

A wife that is unhappy about the car that stays covered in the garage with 6,000 miles after buying in October of 04.

I spoke with CDC today specifically about that and they say no. In fact if you open your hood and look up at it, the outline for the cut out is already there. I recommend professional install at a really good body shop as everything has to be just right. The shaker system drops down over your engine top and there is a piece that routes the cold air to your air box. I think my bogging issue is going to be a warranty thing. CDC works very closely with Ford on their after market products. Don't have any pics of my car yet, but I am trying to keep it simple and understated, going for the Mach 1 look. I added the chromed 69 cobra jet emblem on my shaker scoop. It was a niece touch.

Just my thoughts, GG

05 Black GT 5 Speed - Upgrade wheels
CDC Shaker System
CDC Sequential Tail Lights
Red Cloth Seat Inserts
Red embroidery mustangs in head rests
CDC Dash Upgrade Kit
MTR Rear Window Lovers
Custom Side Stripes & Rear Deck Stripes
Floor Mats with logos from GPI Mustang

A wife that is unhappy about the car that stays covered in the garage with 6,000 miles after buying in October of 04.[/QUOTE]

Mach 1 look is what I am after. :nice:
49259006.front2.jpg