another delema

LT1 Eatr

Nov 29, 2005
i did my mass air conversionand it seemed to work just fine for about 2 minutes. first of all i bought the car from a dude that had no idea of the mods on it. the car was in rough shape. the exhaust was non exsistant much like the clutch. it idled irratically but i thought the exhaust had something to with it but it just made it quiet. so i did the maf conversion. it has gone away some butnow it cuts out when i come to a stop. it either stalls or i save it by a stomp on the go petal. after i give it a stomp it will smooth out but if its a long red light it will slowly start to lope. i do know that since the maf conversion it sounds like it has a hefty cam. i just don't know where to turn. also when i'm gettin it full throttle this thing is raped. i had a 95 cobra and this thing is faster. somebody through me a bone i just want it a little less embarassing when i stop at a light. i was wondering if it could be fuel pressure, aic motor,tps, or any simple fix:bang:

• Sponsors (?)

It very well could be a simple fix.

To get a big jump on the diagosis, check for trouble codes.
There is a link in my sig.

The codes may not be all revealing, but it is the best first step to take.

jason

LT1 Eatr said:
do i just plug the line or is there a egr elim. kit or some kind. and i don't have a check engine light on could it still be a diag code in the computer

Yes, you still need to check for codes.

The CEL seems to be reserved for 'special' problems.

jason