another great score!

4bangen

Nov 3, 2004
I got a call from my new best friend! A guy with an svo is going to traid me my 93 n/a 2.3l head for a disasebled turbo coupe motor with working turbo :nice: Ya I almost wet my self when he said it was a deal. In a few days Im hitting the road to go get it! Complete motor just needs reassembaly and new bairings. Even has the turbocoupe valve cover. All this for a rollor cam I dont even have to pull out of the head :D just have to pull the head off the block and hit the road. and people say its not worth the money to do a 2.3t over a 5.0l........all I have to say is"WHAT MONEY? :rlaugh:

• Sponsors (?)

I picked up the motor yesterday. Probobly not going to use the block, one of the dog ears that bolts to the trans is broken off. I gess I have to take one of my n/a blocks to a shop and have the oil return tapped. Or I might be lazy and just tap the oil pan. :rolleyes:
I was happy to see what came with the trade: block,oil pump, crank, turbo pistins, fully asembled head with cam (freshly built :D) , turbo coupe valve cover, turbo and manifold, upper and lower intake manifold off an 85svo, and a few more things I havent noticed yet :nice: all for a 93 cyl. head with roller cam :banana: Man, I love good deals! Also, He was a real cool guy, an has a nice little 86svo he is restoring. We will see what other kinds of deals we will work in the future.
So boys and girls what have we learned?..... If you hang on to a free engine long enouph you can sell the intake and coilpacks for $150 and trade the head for a complete turbo moter! and still have the one part left you needed in the end....THE BLOCK. Now that I am done selibrating, have a nice day, I have work to do :p